- DOS Dosing and Fluid Metering System - Neptune Systems
DOS – Dosing and Fluid Metering System
The Neptune DOS Fluid Metering System is one of the smartest dosing pumps on the market. It will hook directly to your existing Neptune Apex or Apex Jr. giving you the ability to program both pumps independently for what ever kind of dosing your tank may need. The DOS pump includes two pump heads for the most common of two-part dosing, but it is not limited to just two part dosing. You can use it for automatic water changes once a week or even once a day, minor trace element additive dosing, liquid food dosing, or pretty much any other liquid your tank may need to be dosed in metered amounts.
You simply just hook the DOS Fluid Metering system to your Apex controller with the included AquaHub cable and with the Fusion cloud software programming a dosing pump has never been so simple. The DOS system when interfaced through fusion can be programmed to dose a certain amount of liquid between certain intervals of the day. The DOS pump is so smart it will even change the speed of the motor depending on the amount needed to be delivered to the tank to keep noise at a minimum.
- 2 part dosing
- Liquid food dosing
- Additive delivery
- Micro-quantity dosing
- Auto water changes
Simply hook this system up to any Apex via an Aquabus cable to begin DOS-ing today!
The #1 reason people purchase a dosing system for their aquariums is for consistent and easy dosing of 2-part solutions (calcium and alkalinity) to their reef tanks. The most common method for doing this today is to use standalone dosing pumps and run them on a timer using seconds or minutes to determine how much to dose. This is not only confusing, but also prone to inaccuracy. Everyone knows that when measuring a fluid it is done by volume, not time. Every dosing calculators out there uses volume. So, with the DOS (and the Apex Fusion interface) you simply enter the amount you want of each part of the additives (one on each pump) and what hours of the day you want it delivered. The DOS then sets up all the dosing intervals within that time period. When that time interval is finished, the exact volume you set has been delivered. It even automatically chooses the slowest speed necessary for the pump so that it minimizes noise.
- Automated water changes - Water changes with the DOS are super easy. All you do is place your empty vessel and your fresh stock of saltwater under your stand. Then, with the Apex Fusion wizard just tell it an amount of water you want to change over what length of time and the hours of the day you want it to happen and it figures it all out for you. It will perform an automatic, continuous water change for you. It gets better. If you have our dual optical water sensing accessory Apex Fusion will send you an email or text message letting you know it is time to change out the jugs. Less time pumping, siphoning, and sloshing water and more time enjoying a great aquarium.
- Dosing micro amounts - If you need to dose tiny amounts of a particular solution, element or other fluid (like vodka dosing or Zeovit systems), the DOS is the perfect solution due to its precision controlled stepper motor. This ability to control pump movement in such a refined manner means that you can dose all the way down to 0.1ml at a time!
- Large diameter tubing - Larger size tubing means that your pump does not have to work nearly as hard – or stay on for longer cycles. The most popular dosing pumps on the market use tube fittings with the tiny diameter of 1.67mm. The DOS uses much larger tubing and fittings. In fact, at 3.33mm in diameter, the pump on the DOS can handle 4x the flow of the most common pump style on the market. This means that your pump (and motor) will run 1/4 the time to pump the same amount of fluid. Less run time means long pump life.
- Headache free interface - Programmability using Apex Fusion makes dosing a breeze.
- Quick and easy tubing changes - No matter the pump, your tubeset will eventually go bad. Changing out the peristaltic pump tubing on the DOS is a snap. Literally! All you need to do to change out the pump tubing is squeeze the pump head and remove. Then take out the tubing, replace with a new one, and snap it back on. No screws, no impossible snap on covers and no fussy loose rollers to mess with. And, because you are not changing out an entire pump head, your costs are lower as well!
- Adaptability - The DOS has an accessory port that will enable it to be connected to the DDR – Dual DOS Reservoir.
- Super silent operation - The Neptune Systems engineering team has taken extensive steps both in how the pump operates as well as the enclosure design to ensure that the DOS system is one of the quietest dosing systems on the market for the fluid volumes it delivers
WHAT'S IN THE BOX
- DOS pump
- Aquabus cable
- Power supply
- 4 meters DOS tubing
- Size (Approx.): 9.5″ x 5″ x 5″
- Weight (Approx.): 4 pounds
- Lift Height: 24 feet (minimum at MSL)
- Suction Height: 24 feet
- Flow Rate: Variable (0.1mL – 250mL/min)
- Power Requirement: 110/120V or 220/24oV
- Requires: Apex, Apex Lite, or Apex Jr.
LOUD AF By Paul on 7/3/2019Paul would recommend this product to a friendThe unit performs well. You are purchasing to perform a function and it does perform. I have it performing AWC's only. How it performs that function is a bone of contention. For the price, you would expect a product that is reasonably quiet. By far the loudest thing on my tank by tenfold or more and this is no exaggeration. This would be utterly useless if you have a tank anywhere remotely close to sleeping spaces. It can only be used at night after you go to bed and only if your bedrooms are at the opposite end of the house, 1 story up at a minimum, and have a mini-split ductless AC unit or similar running in your bedroom to counter the noise produced by this unit. Completely unacceptable othewise. So, for me, it works. Others might not be so lucky. It truly is astonishing how loud this unit is.
Auto water changes on my nano By Brettward on 3/20/2019Brettward would recommend this product to a friendI use my APEX DOS to do daily water changes of 0.5 gallons on my nano. The water stability in my tank is perfect, my corals are thriving, I couldn't be happier. I'd probably be lost living in Manhattan without automation like APEX provides. Oh, and it's cool looking.
Changed My Life! By Derik on 1/4/2019Derik would recommend this product to a friendI'm using this for the auto-water change feature and I couldn't be happier. Pulling 2 gallons a day every night between 2am-5am on my 180 mixed reef. No more parameter swings from massive 30G changes that only happened *IF* it fit my schedule. I mixed up a bunch of fresh saltwater in a large trash can I got at a big box store and keep it in the garage. Every night I refill my ATO reservoir with water from the garage (wish I could automate that part). If I had easy access to a waste drain (sadly I don't) I wouldn't have to dump out a half full 5G bucket of waste.
Like everyone else has said, this is LOUD but, I'm running it at night so I never hear it. The "flexible" tube that comes with it is garbage and is a disappointment to the quality I have come to expect from Neptune Systems. I went to my local HD store and bought 30 feet of 1/4" refrigerator tubing.
Super easy to setup using the "task" icon in Fusion, just make sure to actually read the pump in/out in the diagram - for auto-water change the output pump is reversed from how it is actually labeled on the pump and that is CLEARLY stated in the task setup.
Good but loud By Mtbrider85 on 11/4/2018Mtbrider85 would recommend this product to a friendThe Landing gear on a Boeing 747 getting deployed is quieter than this pump(for real). Ultimately I really like the intergration with the Apex but feel this unit could be improved a lot. We will see how it holds up long term.
Cost vs Value not a good buy By David S on 9/24/2018David S wouldn't recommend this product to a friendPro's: (1) Integrates into Apex, which that in itself is the biggest selling point. (2) Both pumps can run at the same time, where as others mentioned at the end, each pump can run one at a time.
Cons. (A) Loud, vibrating noise resonates and if inside stand, you will definitely hear the clicking and operation outside, 10 feet away. (B) I'm using this with the DOS Dual Reservoir, 2 part - and find that it is not keeping calibration, only after a few weeks of use. I could go on about this, but I had to re-calibrate it once, and now will check it in a few weeks. (C) I don't know why, but I keep seeing air in the lines. Now I've used many dosing pumps, and once you get the air out, it stays out. I am noticing from time to time, air in the line. I've checked and rechecked the line, and fitting connections. Just finding this isn't as set and forget as most other equipment is.
Been in the hobby nearly 10yrs, and used Aqua Medic, Jebao, and liter meter III. All performed better in my opinion.
Stopped working after a couple months of light service By Patrick on 8/18/2018Patrick wouldn't recommend this product to a friendI used this for a couple months as a 2 part doser and it worked great. Recently changed it to an auto doser and now it has failed and won't pump water. It seems like the heads are slipping. Neptune wants me to send this is for diagnostics and I'm arguing with them about that as I just want a replacement rather than wait however long for them to tell me it's busted. (bonus round that the other DOS I purchased came in busted from the factory with a smashed manual operation button)
Great Pump By jmfugett on 6/9/2018jmfugett would recommend this product to a friendI have three (continuous water change, two part, vinegar and vodka). I have been using them for three years. They are well built and work flawlessly with Apex. I have never had a single problem with them.
Love it so far By Stuart on 5/1/2018Stuart would recommend this product to a friendI've had it for a couple of weeks and so far its been great. Easy to setup and performs well.
Loving it so far By Michele on 4/20/2018Michele would recommend this product to a friendI've had it for a couple weeks. Set it up for auto/continuous water changes. The hardest part was setting up the tubing. What will I do with all my spare time :)
Amazing pump! By Steve on 2/14/2018Steve would recommend this product to a friendI have two of these. I use one for dosing two-part and one for automatic water changes. They are extremely accurate and are very easy to manage via Fusion.
Good experience with DOS By James on 2/13/2018James would recommend this product to a friendI have been running three four about two years, just bought two more. Only had to change one pump head, the one pumping saltwater out of my tank on continuous water change. They work well, highly adjustable/programmable like nothing else using Apex, and have been reliable. I don't know why people write the negative reviews, setting up all of them, and using them, has been easy. I recommend.
Good pump, difficult to set up at first By lilbitreefer on 1/21/2018lilbitreefer would recommend this product to a friendpump works great. I will say I am not familiar with all the fusion button so I had a difficult time locating and calibrating the pump initially. Only bad thing is I bought two pumps and one of them was defective. but the BRS team quickly replaced it for me.
In the video, it states that the rollers are only good for 600-700 hours. How much are the replacements and where can I buy them?
We are not aware of the rollers available for sale from retailers at this point. For replacement rollers you will want to contact Neptune Systems directly. Feel free to let us know if you have any further questions!
Neptune Systems (Apex Controller) – 408-779-4090 firstname.lastname@example.org
If I set this up for auto water changes and my tank is on the main level of my house and the salt water barrel is one level down (basement) and over about 20 ft can this pump handle that pull?
The DOS has around a 20" head height, this means that you would need to place the pump either a little higher or lower in the line from the storage to the tank. It can work well however. Feel free to let us know if you have any further questions!
So does this dosing pump have the tubing or not as the gentlemen up top asked before and your answer defers from what your page states.
WHAT'S IN THE BOX
4 meters DOS tubing
Have a great day!
Can you piggy-back pumps? In other words, can pumps be added to each other? I dose 5 separate additives.
Will this work with an Apex Classic Unit?
If so, do I need any special modules or something similar?
Thank you for reaching out.
The DOS pump is an excellent dosing pump and will work great with the Apex classic. It connects with an aquabus cable and does not require additional modules
Have a great day!
Does this pump have to be positioned above the fluid source? The pump and A/B solutions would both reside in my stand... The sump is also in the stand. Can I merely put the A/B fluid in the bottom of the stand, as well as the pump right next to it, and then pump directly into the sump?
Thank you for reaching out. the DOS pump does not have to sit above what you are pumping. The pump head is designed to prevent siphoning so you have a wide variety of options on where you place the pump
Please let us know if you have any questions
Will this work using the apex controller gold system?
This works great with the Apex controller gold! Feel free to let us know if you have any further questions!