- DOS Dosing and Fluid Metering System - Neptune Systems
DOS – Dosing and Fluid Metering System
The Neptune DOS Fluid Metering System is one of the smartest dosing pumps on the market. It will hook directly to your existing Neptune Apex or Apex Jr. giving you the ability to program both pumps independently for what ever kind of dosing your tank may need. The DOS pump includes two pump heads for the most common of two-part dosing, but it is not limited to just two part dosing. You can use it for automatic water changes once a week or even once a day, minor trace element additive dosing, liquid food dosing, or pretty much any other liquid your tank may need to be dosed in metered amounts.
You simply just hook the DOS Fluid Metering system to your Apex controller with the included AquaHub cable and with the Fusion cloud software programming a dosing pump has never been so simple. The DOS system when interfaced through fusion can be programmed to dose a certain amount of liquid between certain intervals of the day. The DOS pump is so smart it will even change the speed of the motor depending on the amount needed to be delivered to the tank to keep noise at a minimum.
- 2 part dosing
- Liquid food dosing
- Additive delivery
- Micro-quantity dosing
- Auto water changes
Simply hook this system up to any Apex via an Aquabus cable to begin DOS-ing today!
The #1 reason people purchase a dosing system for their aquariums is for consistent and easy dosing of 2-part solutions (calcium and alkalinity) to their reef tanks. The most common method for doing this today is to use standalone dosing pumps and run them on a timer using seconds or minutes to determine how much to dose. This is not only confusing, but also prone to inaccuracy. Everyone knows that when measuring a fluid it is done by volume, not time. Every dosing calculators out there uses volume. So, with the DOS (and the Apex Fusion interface) you simply enter the amount you want of each part of the additives (one on each pump) and what hours of the day you want it delivered. The DOS then sets up all the dosing intervals within that time period. When that time interval is finished, the exact volume you set has been delivered. It even automatically chooses the slowest speed necessary for the pump so that it minimizes noise.
- Automated water changes - Water changes with the DOS are super easy. All you do is place your empty vessel and your fresh stock of saltwater under your stand. Then, with the Apex Fusion wizard just tell it an amount of water you want to change over what length of time and the hours of the day you want it to happen and it figures it all out for you. It will perform an automatic, continuous water change for you. It gets better. If you have our dual optical water sensing accessory Apex Fusion will send you an email or text message letting you know it is time to change out the jugs. Less time pumping, siphoning, and sloshing water and more time enjoying a great aquarium.
- Dosing micro amounts - If you need to dose tiny amounts of a particular solution, element or other fluid (like vodka dosing or Zeovit systems), the DOS is the perfect solution due to its precision controlled stepper motor. This ability to control pump movement in such a refined manner means that you can dose all the way down to 0.1ml at a time!
- Large diameter tubing - Larger size tubing means that your pump does not have to work nearly as hard – or stay on for longer cycles. The most popular dosing pumps on the market use tube fittings with the tiny diameter of 1.67mm. The DOS uses much larger tubing and fittings. In fact, at 3.33mm in diameter, the pump on the DOS can handle 4x the flow of the most common pump style on the market. This means that your pump (and motor) will run 1/4 the time to pump the same amount of fluid. Less run time means long pump life.
- Headache free interface - Programmability using Apex Fusion makes dosing a breeze.
- Quick and easy tubing changes - No matter the pump, your tubeset will eventually go bad. Changing out the peristaltic pump tubing on the DOS is a snap. Literally! All you need to do to change out the pump tubing is squeeze the pump head and remove. Then take out the tubing, replace with a new one, and snap it back on. No screws, no impossible snap on covers and no fussy loose rollers to mess with. And, because you are not changing out an entire pump head, your costs are lower as well!
- Adaptability - The DOS has an accessory port that will enable it to be connected to the DDR – Dual DOS Reservoir.
- Super silent operation - The Neptune Systems engineering team has taken extensive steps both in how the pump operates as well as the enclosure design to ensure that the DOS system is one of the quietest dosing systems on the market for the fluid volumes it delivers
WHAT'S IN THE BOX
- DOS pump
- Aquabus cable
- Power supply
- 4 meters DOS tubing
- Size (Approx.): 9.5″ x 5″ x 5″
- Weight (Approx.): 4 pounds
- Lift Height: 24 feet (minimum at MSL)
- Suction Height: 24 feet
- Flow Rate: Variable (0.1mL – 250mL/min)
- Power Requirement: 110/120V or 220/24oV
- Requires: Apex, Apex Lite, or Apex Jr.
Cost vs Value not a good buy By David S on 9/24/2018David S wouldn't recommend this product to a friendPro's: (1) Integrates into Apex, which that in itself is the biggest selling point. (2) Both pumps can run at the same time, where as others mentioned at the end, each pump can run one at a time.
Cons. (A) Loud, vibrating noise resonates and if inside stand, you will definitely hear the clicking and operation outside, 10 feet away. (B) I'm using this with the DOS Dual Reservoir, 2 part - and find that it is not keeping calibration, only after a few weeks of use. I could go on about this, but I had to re-calibrate it once, and now will check it in a few weeks. (C) I don't know why, but I keep seeing air in the lines. Now I've used many dosing pumps, and once you get the air out, it stays out. I am noticing from time to time, air in the line. I've checked and rechecked the line, and fitting connections. Just finding this isn't as set and forget as most other equipment is.
Been in the hobby nearly 10yrs, and used Aqua Medic, Jebao, and liter meter III. All performed better in my opinion.
Stopped working after a couple months of light service By Patrick on 8/18/2018Patrick wouldn't recommend this product to a friendI used this for a couple months as a 2 part doser and it worked great. Recently changed it to an auto doser and now it has failed and won't pump water. It seems like the heads are slipping. Neptune wants me to send this is for diagnostics and I'm arguing with them about that as I just want a replacement rather than wait however long for them to tell me it's busted. (bonus round that the other DOS I purchased came in busted from the factory with a smashed manual operation button)
Great Pump By jmfugett on 6/9/2018jmfugett would recommend this product to a friendI have three (continuous water change, two part, vinegar and vodka). I have been using them for three years. They are well built and work flawlessly with Apex. I have never had a single problem with them.
Love it so far By Stuart on 5/1/2018Stuart would recommend this product to a friendI've had it for a couple of weeks and so far its been great. Easy to setup and performs well.
Loving it so far By Michele on 4/20/2018Michele would recommend this product to a friendI've had it for a couple weeks. Set it up for auto/continuous water changes. The hardest part was setting up the tubing. What will I do with all my spare time :)
Amazing pump! By Steve on 2/14/2018Steve would recommend this product to a friendI have two of these. I use one for dosing two-part and one for automatic water changes. They are extremely accurate and are very easy to manage via Fusion.
Good experience with DOS By James on 2/13/2018James would recommend this product to a friendI have been running three four about two years, just bought two more. Only had to change one pump head, the one pumping saltwater out of my tank on continuous water change. They work well, highly adjustable/programmable like nothing else using Apex, and have been reliable. I don't know why people write the negative reviews, setting up all of them, and using them, has been easy. I recommend.
Good pump, difficult to set up at first By lilbitreefer on 1/21/2018lilbitreefer would recommend this product to a friendpump works great. I will say I am not familiar with all the fusion button so I had a difficult time locating and calibrating the pump initially. Only bad thing is I bought two pumps and one of them was defective. but the BRS team quickly replaced it for me.
Junk! By Magic on 12/22/2017Magic wouldn't recommend this product to a friendWorst purchase ever! This pump is horrible. It wouldn’t respond to Apex when first plugged in. Contacted Apex, they told me to send it back. I did. They told me that the issue with the pump is not cover by the warranty. Really brand new and not cover? So I end up paying $135 for a repair. It works now, but $300 for a pump plus repair cost. WOW $435 for a pump. They said you have to replace the heads every 6 months or so. They are $30 each. That would be another $120 a year to keep the pump going. Worst piece of equipment I have ever bought!
Bad product By ibondy on 9/4/2017ibondy wouldn't recommend this product to a friendI am a big fan of Neptune products, but this pump is one of the worst pumps I ever used. Had to send for repair 2 times over the last 12 months after one or other pump stopped working. Was told that pump should not be used in a 'moist environment' ?!?! Had to pay for repair as they refused to honor warranty due to 'moisture damage'. Now one of the pumps is not working again.
DOS FOR AWC By FLSharkvictim on 8/12/2017FLSharkvictim would recommend this product to a friendI only use the DOS for automated water changes only and it works amazing. Well worth every single penny. It's a lit bit noisy but nothing to loud I have read on some forms. If you're sick of doing water changes the DOS is for you..No more carry jugs, not more buying saltwater from your LFS. Also, very easy to set up your schedule for how much ever water you want to take out and add..HIGHLY recommended.
So far, after 9 weeks, it's working great for me By Randall on 8/8/2017Randall would recommend this product to a friendI can't speak to long term longevity, and some of the other reviews leave definite cause for concern about how well this gear will hold up. Also, I've had problems with other Neptune gear failing prematurely. However, so far this pump is doing a great job of dosing for me. In fact I have two of them. They are super easy to program for frequent tiny dosages, through the Apex interface, and they seem to be pumping accurate amounts. (It's also easy to recalibrate each pump if you have any doubt, and easy to flush lines of any air bubbles.) I was having a miserable time dosing two-part manually with pH swings and inability to maintain adequate alk levels; the doser fixed all that.
In the video, it states that the rollers are only good for 600-700 hours. How much are the replacements and where can I buy them?
We are not aware of the rollers available for sale from retailers at this point. For replacement rollers you will want to contact Neptune Systems directly. Feel free to let us know if you have any further questions!
Neptune Systems (Apex Controller) – 408-779-4090 email@example.com
If I set this up for auto water changes and my tank is on the main level of my house and the salt water barrel is one level down (basement) and over about 20 ft can this pump handle that pull?
The DOS has around a 20" head height, this means that you would need to place the pump either a little higher or lower in the line from the storage to the tank. It can work well however. Feel free to let us know if you have any further questions!
So does this dosing pump have the tubing or not as the gentlemen up top asked before and your answer defers from what your page states.
WHAT'S IN THE BOX
4 meters DOS tubing
Have a great day!
Can you piggy-back pumps? In other words, can pumps be added to each other? I dose 5 separate additives.
Will this work with an Apex Classic Unit?
If so, do I need any special modules or something similar?
Thank you for reaching out.
The DOS pump is an excellent dosing pump and will work great with the Apex classic. It connects with an aquabus cable and does not require additional modules
Have a great day!
Does this pump have to be positioned above the fluid source? The pump and A/B solutions would both reside in my stand... The sump is also in the stand. Can I merely put the A/B fluid in the bottom of the stand, as well as the pump right next to it, and then pump directly into the sump?
Thank you for reaching out. the DOS pump does not have to sit above what you are pumping. The pump head is designed to prevent siphoning so you have a wide variety of options on where you place the pump
Please let us know if you have any questions
Will this work using the apex controller gold system?
This works great with the Apex controller gold! Feel free to let us know if you have any further questions!