Remove chlorine, chloramines and ammonia from your reef tank with Liquid Buffered ClorAm-X. ClorAm-X uses a patented molecule to destroy chloramine and then removes the ammonia and chlorine before the health of your fish is impacted.
- Won't affect dissolved oxygen levels
- Reduces pH drop
- Use for pond, freshwater or marine fishes
- Non-Toxic to humans, pets & aquatic life
Hikari Directions for Use
- To remove and detoxify ammonia, chlorine and chloramines from water for aquariums or ponds, to condition new tap water or for chlorine and chloramine removal, add 1 teaspoonful (5 mL) of Liquid Buffered ClorAm-X per 10 gallons of water.
- To remove ammonia in existing aquariums or ponds add 1 teaspoonful of Liquid Buffered ClorAm-X to each 10 gallons of water for each measured 1.0 mg/L of total ammonia (=0.85 mg/L total ammonia-nitrogen).
- For protecting fishes and aquatic invertebrates during shipping add 1 teaspoonful of Liquid Buffered ClorAm-X to each 10 gallons of water for each expected 1.0 mg/L of total ammonia (=0.85 mg/L total ammonia-nitrogen). May be used at levels up to 10X the single dosage.
- Hikari Recommendations: Use ClorAm-X as needed to eliminate and control ammonia at the regular dosage rate for each 1 mg/L, or fraction therefore of measured total ammonia or for each 0.85 mg/L of measured total ammonia-nitrogen.
- Contradictions: Do not use with permanganate-based or chlorite-based treatments. Nessler's total ammonia test will give false, high (or off scale) readings. Winkler dissolved oxygen tests will give false, low (or zero) readings.
|Product Name||ClorAm-X Chlorine and Chloramine Remover - Hikari|
|SKU||ClorAm-X Ammonia Remover - Hikari|
Unfortunately as we are not the producers of the product we are unable to answer exactly the process however in short the elements in the mix convert chlorine to chloride and then the chloride may react with another element such as sodium to oxidize and remove the chlorine. There will certainly be remaining compounds in the mix and further information would need to be found through the manufacturer.
Unfortunately all products are intended for aquarium use only. We are not aware of a liquid chlorine remover for human use. Feel free to let us know if you have any further questions!