Battery backup modules are one of the best investments any serious hobbyist can purchase.
The IceCap Battery backup system is compatible with most 12-24 volt DC powered pumps, most notably the MaxSpect Gyre and IceCap Gyre pumps, as well as the Reef Octopus Octo Pulse and VarioS pumps.
Power outages will happen every now and then, and unless your system has a generator as a backup, the next best thing is a battery backup for your powerheads. After a power outage within as little as 2 hours dissolved oxygen levels can start to deplete, which will usually result in loss of valuable fish and corals. By keeping water moving and encouraging gas exchange at the surface of the aquarium, days can go by without needing to worry about depleting oxygen levels in the tank. The battery backup will be able to automatically turn on when power is lost to the pumps.
- No more loud battery powered air stones
- Connect multiple for longer run times
- Provides power for up to 2 pumps
- Featuers a 24V battery for wider pump compatibility
- Compatible with most 12-24 volt pumps from brands like Maxspect, IceCap, and Reef Octopus.
- Automatic operation
- Keeps a single flow pump running ~35 hours* after a power loss
- You can connect two battery backups together to double the run time
- Compact and attractive form factor
- Power supply & pump adapters included
*Note: This is an average run-time based on 50w at 30% power single pump/single power cell. Depending on the pump and pump controller you are using, the pump may not slow down during a power loss when the battery backup is activated as you might expect with a 12V battery (this is a 24V battery).
- DC Charger: Input: 100V to 240V 50/60Hz | Output: 27V 600MA
- Main Unit DC: Output: 24V x 2.5A max | Input: 27V 1A max
- Fuse: 250V 10A 5x20mm fast blow
- Size: 5.75in x 5in x 3.125in (WxLxH)
- Battery Backup Module
- Battery Charger
- Power Adapters
- User Guide
|Out of stock message||DISCONTINUED|
As of today I do not believe the AI Nero offers any battery back up support.
I have contacted AI to confirm this and will update if I hear different.
As for compatability, Icecap has listed the MaxSpect Gyre and IceCap Gyre pumps, as well as the Reef Octopus Octo Pulse and VarioS pumps.
I hope this help, happy reefing!
Thank you for reaching out to us! The icecap battery backup is not compatible with heaters.
It will not work on EcoTech.
Unfortunately it will not.