WXM VorTech & Radion Wireless Module
**NOT COMPATIBLE WITH ECOTECH MOBIUS CONTROLLED PUMPS & LIGHTS. PLEASE SEE THE NEPTUNE SYSTEMS MXM MODULE INSTEAD**
Support up to 11 EcoTech VorTech Pumps - simultaneously with the Neptune Systems VorTech Wireless Expansion Module: WXM
- Add this module to your Apex Controller and control multiple VorTech Propeller pumps and Radion LEDs based on time of day, feed mode, power outage mode and so much more.
- Complete wireless control - even for multiple tanks
- Supports all built-in modes of VorTech Pumps
- Control the Feed Mode - shut off return pump and skimmer to properly circulate food without it going into the sump
- Compatible with all Apex Systems
VorTech Wireless Module: WXM Features:
- Wirelessly controls any of Ecotech’s wireless pumps or lights (WWD or EcoSmart)
- 11 Independent channels to support 11 VorTech pumps or Radion LEDs
- Supports EcoTech’s Constant, Reef Crest, Lagoon Random, Pulse, Sync and Anti-Sync modes
- Modes of operation can be changed throughout the day
- Plug and Play - Automatically recognized when installed into the system
- Pumps can be dynamically added/removed from the system
- 2 AquaBus connectors for flexible expansion via AquaBus
- Comes with 3′ AquaBus cable
- Fully upgradeable - WXM firmware and pump firmware can be updated for feature enhancement
- LED Status indicator and wireless status indicator
- Use your mobile device to view the wave action
|Out of stock message||DISCONTINUED|
It will not work anymore, the Gen 5s are only compatible with the Mobius app.
It would work, you just need to connect with an aquabus cable!
Great question! While the exact range can vary depending on the types of material the signal has to pass through as well as radio frequency interference, this should be able to connect to your Vortechs upstairs without issue in the majority of cases. And you are correct, this is a completely wireless connection between the Vortechs/Radions and the WXM module. If you have any other questions let us know.
Happy reefing! c:
Yes, the WXM module will work with both the new and classic version of the Apex system.
Have a great day!
The WXM module will allow you to control your Radion lighting fixture from directly from your Apex unit.
As long as your Vortech's are wireless enabled (all radions are already) you can wirelessly connect to the WXM module when plugged into the apex. The WXM is still required on the new apex as the RF chip on the Radions and Vortechs does not work with WiFi. Feel free to let us know if you have any further questions.
This will not currently connect with the Vectra pumps. Only the Vortech's and Radions. Feel free to let us know if you have any further questions!
Radion control is planned for the future but as of right now (January 2014) the WXM module only controls the vortech pumps.