Rx-U 1.5L Universal Media Reactor

In stock

- +



The Vertex Rx-U 1.5L Universal Media Reactor combines great performance for crystal clear results with solid construction, ease of use and easy maintenance.

  • Holds 1.5L of Media (approx. 50 Fl oz)
  • Total Height: approx. 19" (485mm)
  • Chamber Diameter: approx. 4" (100mm)
  • Foot print: approx. 4.7" (120mm)
  • 1/2" plumbing required


Vertex Rx-U 1.5L Universal Media Reactor eliminates the problem of media compaction by giving complete control of flow-through to the user. These universal reactors are designed for inline, hard-plumbed applications and/or remote, soft-hose applications.

  • Easy Set up
  • Easy maintenance because unit can be fully disassembled
  • Precision manufacturing using CNC machining for 0 variance between parts
  • Cast Acrylic Tube
  • PVC Base and lid for maximum durability
  • PN16 U-PVC Fittings
  • Onboard True Union ball valve for control of flow
  • Union connection
  • Barbed hose connection
  • QUICK-LOC lid design for easy replenishment or removal of media
  • Titatium Screws
  • Silicone O-Rings
  • Internal or External Applications
  • Hot welded joints
  • Barb fittings included
  • Grade II Titanium screws - corrosion resistant
More Information
SKU 207354
Out of stock message DISCONTINUED
Reactor Placement In Sump
Media Capacity 3 Cups / 710mL
Write Your Own Review
You're reviewing:Rx-U 1.5L Universal Media Reactor
Your Rating
Only registered users can write reviews. Please or

Product Questions

Can I use GFO in these Reactor
Question by: Sam Portelli on Sep 12, 2017, 6:13 AM
The Vertex Rx-U reactors can be used for any type of loose media like GFO or carbon.
Answer by: Charlie on Sep 13, 2017, 2:13 PM

What pump would you recommend... I plan to connect 2 of these units together for carbon & GFO (and perhaps 3rd one later on for bio - not sure).
Question by: Chet on Jun 6, 2016, 7:32 AM
As a minimum for 2 reactors we recommend the Sicce 1.5 If you do not put too much height strain on the pump.
Answer by: Connor on Jun 9, 2016, 6:21 PM
When I bought this I glued slip barb fittings into the unions in each end. For my new tank build I would like to skip the barbs and run hard pipe right to them. How can I buy a replacement for the open connection side of the Union? I think the piece is called a coupling.
Question by: Chris on Apr 1, 2016, 3:13 PM
Great question!
If you need to replace on side of the current union you can use the vertex conversion union listed below. Ideally you will want to contact Vertex as well to see if they have any further parts you may need.
Vertex and Korallen Zucht - 714-274-6544 adam@vertextechnologies.net
Answer by: Connor on Apr 1, 2016, 3:17 PM
Are the fittings standard or metric on this unit?
Question by: matt on Nov 23, 2013, 1:31 AM
Hey Matt,
They are actually US sized fittings, not metric!
Answer by: Bulk Reef Supply on Nov 23, 2013, 1:31 AM