Comline Wavebox 6208 - Tunze
Generate strong standing waves in your 35 - 210 gallon saltwater aquarium with the Tunze Comline Wavebox 6208.
A wavebox in a saltwater aquarium can create a beautiful standing wave, mimicking natures natural currents. Traditional powerheads require a lot of power to produce a true wave in your aquarium, where a wavebox works off displacement, and requiring much less power to create a larger wave.
- Compact, elegant design - easily incorporate into aquascape
- Magnet holder works on glass thickness up to 1/2"
- Simulates wave motion and circulation with Turbelle Nanostream 6055
- Low power consumption and heat transfer
- Run-dry protection
- Dimensions: 4.3" L x 3.5" W x 10" H
- Low voltage - 100-240V/50-60Hz, average 10W
- Immersion depth: approx. 9.1"
- For tanks 35 to 210 US gallons
- Recreates natural wave motion which can help keep sediments from accumulating
|Product Name||Comline Wavebox 6208 - Tunze|
According to the manufacturer, "It would be entirely possible to do this but since setting the frequency that makes a wave is exact for each tank to within a hundredth of a second, it would not be easy and would require a great deal of trial and error. The controller we include is likely a much simpler way to accomplish the correct wave frequency but essentially you will need to be able to turn the pump off and on at .30-1.25 seconds for most common home aquariums, a typical 180 falls around .70 seconds for perspective. It has the same connection as any of our DC pumps so you can do it, but it would be more difficult to set up." Have a great day!
Tunze – 512-833-7546 firstname.lastname@example.org
The controllers themselves can't tell if its a pump or a wave box that is plugged into them (the wavebox really is just a tunze controllable pump with a box around it). That said though, if your trying to create a wave by using the wave box, adding a pump on the controller might create current that would counter act your wave (still great/random flow for the tank, but you may not see a physical wave).