- Skimz Monzter SM162 External Protein Skimmer
The Skimz E-Series SM162 External Protein Skimmer gives you high performance skimming at a great value.
- Rated for tanks 132 - 317 gallons (500-1200 Liters)
- Air intake: 206 GPH (780 LPH), making it capable of handling a higher water throughput.
- Low power consumption and high performance
- Features a Skimz ES2800 Needlewheel Pump
- Skimmer requires an additional feed pump of 396 GPH
BRS Recommended for tanks up to:
- Heavy Bioload (Most Common) - 120 gallons
- Medium Bioload - 150 gallons
- Light Bioload - 200 gallons
- Integrated cylindrical and cone shape chambers help reduce bubble bursting and surface agitation
- Bubble Plate Design - reduces turbulence
- Maximum air flow capacity in compact design
- Micro-adjustable valve for precise water level control
- Twist-lock neck for easy collection cup removal
- Quality construction - CNC machined parts and Georg Fischer fittings
- Requires feed pump of 396 GPH (1500 LPH)
- 1/2" barbed feed input
- 40mm metric PVC output*
*Metric to US plumbing adapters sold separately.
- Body Diameter: 6.3" (160mm)
- Foot Print: 8.19” x 13.39” (208mm x 340mm)
- Total Height: 22.83” (580mm)
- Cup Diameter: 162mm
ES2800 Needlewheel Pump Features:
- Skimz worked with an Italian pump manufacturer, using advanced material for the needlewheel impeller, seamless-coated rare earth magnet for durability and high performance.
- Air Draw: 206 GPH (780 LPH)
- Power Consumption: 13 Watts
- Warranty for Original Purchaser against defective material and workmanship that occurs during normal use.
- 2 Year Warranty on skimmer body
- 1 Year Warranty on pump
We recently introduced the Skimz product line here ...
Protein skimmers are a staple of the reefing hobby ...
Week 40: The BRS160 in review: Successes, challenges, and improvements | 52 Weeks of Reefing #BRS160It's Week 40 of 52 Weeks of reefing, and there are ...
Today on BRStv's 52 FAQ, we're answering James Edw ...
Today on BRStv, we have another episode of BRS 52 ...
No related items recommended for this product.
As long as the pipe on the outflow is running over the side wall of the sump and back in at a level equal to the water height in the skimmer the water will equalize. Feel free to let us know if you have any further questions!
Do you have any specific recommendations for a feed pump?
We certainly have a few options available! I have included a link to the Sicce 2.0 which once plumbed in will lose some GPH flow and can be tuned down with a slight control knob.
Additionally I have included a few links to more affordable pumps. Feel free to let us know if you have any further questions!