- Skimz Kone SK181 Internal Protein Skimmer
The Skimz KONE SK181 Internal Protein Skimmer gives you high performance skimming at a great value. The Skimz KONE SK181 Internal Protein Skimmer features a powerful Skimz ES2000 Needlewheel pump.
- Rated for tanks 53 - 198 gallons (200 - 750 Liters)
- BRS Recommended for tanks up to:
- Heavy Bioload (Most Common) - 70 gallons
- Medium Bioload - 90 gallons
- Light Bioload - 120 gallons
- Air intake: 143 GPH (540 LPH), making it capable of handling a higher water throughput.
- Low power consumption and high performance
- Skimmer draws water directly from sump
- Features a Skimz ES2000 Needlewheel Pump
- Cone shape body helps push bubbles up and reduces bubbles bursting
- Bubble Plate Design - reduces turbulence
- Maximum air flow capacity in compact design
- Micro-adjustable valve for precise water level control
- Twist-lock neck for easy collection cup removal
- Quality construction - CNC machined parts and Georg Fischer fittings
- Internal application - no feed pump required
- Base Diameter: 7.09" (180mm)
- Foot Print: 8.27” x 8.27” (210mm x 210mm)
- Total Height: 21” (535mm)
ES2000 Needlewheel Pump Features:
- Skimz worked with an Italian pump manufacturer, using advanced material for the needlewheel impeller, seamless-coated rare earth magnet for durability and high performance.
- Air Draw: 143 GPH (540 LPH)
- Power Consumption: 12 Watts
- Warranty for Original Purchaser against defective material and workmanship that occurs during normal use.
- 2 Year Warranty on skimmer body
- 1 Year Warranty on pump
Best skimmer I've ever owned By Alex on 11/21/2018Alex would recommend this product to a friendStarted pulling out nasty sludge after just 1 hour of set up. Works great except for the 5-10 times I turned it on and off. The pump would not make any bubbles or move water. I had to take out the pump and open it up and see why it wasn't working. eventually it fixed itself but I wish I didn't have to go through this.
Champion skimmer By Brian on 6/2/2018Brian would recommend this product to a friendI’ve had this skimmer for about 6 months so I feel comfortable enough to leave a review. Right out the box it started pulling sludge within a few hours. Once it really broke in the skimate is black (note I don’t carbon dose) this thing is a champion and would highly recommend. My only complaint is I feel the neck in collection cup is to tall or the collection cup is to short. I like to run my skimmer on the dry side so the foam tends to build up between the lid and the neck causing it to not flow over into the cup. Quick fix I keep the lid slightly lifted on one side.
great By seacrabb on 12/16/2016seacrabb would recommend this product to a friendawesome protien skimmer sooooo much better than the vertex i had
Worth every penny By Jon on 12/11/2016Jon would recommend this product to a friendBigger then I thought it was going to be works great would buy it again in a heart beat
Great By Gabriel on 1/19/2016Gabriel would recommend this product to a friendI bought this to replace my year old Vertex. I was constantly pestered by my Vertex overflowing and tuning issues. I have had the Skimz for about a month now, it took about five days to break in and it has only overflowed 1 time. My skimmate is pretty good. The noise level coming out of it is very low. It is also a big bonus that BRS handles all Skimz warranty and has all Skimz replacement parts on hand.
Good skimmer, but.... By David on 6/1/2015David would recommend this product to a friendI like the skimmer I have had it in for 2 weeks and it is skimming great. I have already seen improvement in my Chili coral. My old skimmer wasn't working so some organic built up. My only problem with this is that the pump has a cord that is about 3-4 feet long and it was not long enough to reach my controller. I had to run an extension cord under my tank and I do not like this as I feel It is a hazard but don't have a choice
No related items recommended for this product.