- Pentek CRFC20-BB Carbon Block (Chloramines Monster)
Approximately 10% of city municipal waters systems use chloramines to process water. Standard RO filters will not treat chloramines properly. If your water supply contains chloramines and are in need of a high output application the Pentek CRFC20-BB ChlorPlus Radial Flow carbon block is ideal. To find out what's in your water contact your city and ask for a water report. Pentek CRFC20-BB Specs
- 20 Micron nominal filtration
- Unique radial flow design for low pressure drop and reduced fines
- Fits 20" x 4.5" Big Blue RO Housings
- Removes chloramines AND chlorine
- Typically installed prior to the main RO unit
The Pentek CRFC20-BB carbon block cartridge help reduce sediment while providing greater chloramines performance capacities than granular carbon. It also significantly reduces the carbon fines found in many granular canisters. It is ideal for higher flow rate and capacity applications.
The CRFC20-BB cartridge is capable of removing chloramines from
- 10,000 gallons of water at 5 GPM*
- 25,000 gallons of water at 2.5 GPM*
- 75,000 gallons of water at 1 GPM * (**)
* This cumulative filtered water and includes both product and wastewater
** All of our RO and RO/DI systems operate at 1 GPM or less
You need this, If your town treats water like mine its loaded with cloramine By Rob Coberg on 12/9/2012Rob Coberg would recommend this product to a friendThis is a must have if you are to pruduce water for your reef tanks. I have a industrial system which uses these 20" filters, but the smaller version is very good also.