HF-M Hang-On-Back Multi Filter with Protein Skimmer - Aquamaxx
Complete hang-on saltwater aquarium filtration system for up to 60 gallons. Great for reef tanks or fish-only tanks!
The AquaMaxx HF-M filtration system is designed to be the complete filtration system for your saltwater fish or reef aquarium. The simple hang-on back design allows you to hang the filtration system on any aquarium ranging from 20 gallons to 60 gallons. The HF-M is also designed to be customizable so you can add additional chemical, biological or mechanical filtration to match the requirements for your aquarium.
- Convenient hang-on design
- Efficient protein skimmer built-in
- Easy to access, drop-in media cartridge
- Spacious customizable filtration chamber
- Probe Holders x 3
- Dosing Tube Holders x 3
- Cord/tubing management cut-outs on lid
The AquaMaxx HF-M includes an efficient protein skimmer. Using the same Shark 1.0 needlewheel pump (modified Italian-Made Sicce) as the popular HOB-1, the HM-F efficiently removes dirty protein from your aquarium before it breaks down into ammonia, nitrate and phosphates.
After the protein skimmer stage, water then passes through a second filtration stage. A filtration cartridge is included and can be filled with mechanical media (such as filter floss), biological media (such as ceramic rings or SeaChem Matrix) or chemical media (such as activated carbon).
Water then passes though a third and final chamber where additional filters can be added. The third chamber of the HF-M is designed to accommodate up to two AquaMaxx FR-S media reactors (sold separately): which can be used for carbon and/or GFO. If additional chemical filtration is not required, the chambers can be used as a refugium for additional nutrient reduction and to culture live foods for your reef aquarium.
The HF-M also features a built-in probe holder (for up to 3 probes), a dosing tube holder and cut-outs on the lid to run your cords and tubes though. The well-throughout design eliminates all the clutter and keeps your aquarium looking clean and sleek.
- Filtration rating: 60 Gallons (light bioload) or 20 Gallons (heavy bioload)
- Housing dimensions: 17.25" L x 3.94" W x 14.18" H (excluding collection cup)
- Refugium section dimensions w/o media cartridge: 10" L x 3.5" W x 11.5" H
- with media cartridge: 7" L x 3.5" W x 11.5" H
- Media cartridge dimensions: 3.125" OD x 9.75" H
- Cartridge top brace: 3.5" L x 3.25" W
- Fits probes: 1 x 0.625" Diameter and 2 x 0.5" Diameter
- Fits tank rims: up to .75"
- Wall clearance required: 4"
- Requires approximately 5.5" of clearance to remove collection cup
- Pump(included): Shark 1.0 (modified Sicce Pump)
- Pump power consumption: 11 Watts
AQUAMAXX HANG-ON-BACK SERIES
|No sump, no space? No problem! These hang on back skimmers are the perfect solution for any aquarium. Proven and reliable, these hang on back skimmers continue to impress with their high quality Italian made pumps.|
|Footprint (In.)||7.5" x 3.5"||17.25" x 3.94"||8.75" x 5.5"|
|Motor||Shark 1.0*||Shark 1.0*||Shark 1.5*|
|Gallon Rating||Light Bio-Load:||Up to 75g||Up to 60g||Up to 175g|
|Heavy Bio-Load:||Up to 40g||Up to 20g||Up to 90g|
AQUAMAXX COMPACT NANO SERIES
|Built small and tough as their full-size counterparts. Equipped with Italian made pumps, they skim the heck out of nano aquariums and are quiet. They're definitely not toy skimmers.|
|Footprint (In.)||2.76" x 4.15"||5.9" x 3.2"|
|Motor||Shark Nano*||Shark 1.0*|
|Gallon Rating||Light Bio-Load:||Up to 30g||Up to 65g|
|Heavy Bio-Load:||Up to 20g||Up to 30g|
*Denotes Modified Italian made Sicce Syncra pump
|Product Name||HF-M Hang-On-Back Multi Filter with Protein Skimmer - Aquamaxx|
|Maximum System Volume||51 - 75 Gallons|
|Recommended Tank Size||Up to 50 Gallons, 51 - 100 Gallons|
|Skimmer Body Types||Hang On Back|
|Included Mounting||Hang On/Bracket|
Skimmers can take a range amount of time to break in so it likely just needs a bit more time to build up that bio film. I would advise to let run another few weeks to break in and then if you are still having issues reach out to our support at firstname.lastname@example.org Thanks!
Thank you for reaching out to us. It is 251 GPH.
Please let me know if you need anything further and take care!
Thank you for reaching out to us. I will pass this along to the marketing team. In the mean time you can see it a bit better at 2:25 of this video.
Please let me know if you need anything further and take care!
1. The instructions say that it is capable of adding a refugium but there are no instructions on how to do that. I would like to do that but with the design of the air tubing connected to the silencer attached to the underside of the filter lid, I'm not sure how I would be able to supply light to the refugium? I need a complete guide on setting the refugium up along with details on recommended products that would do well as a fuge in this filter, including a light recommendation so that I can set that up. I want to maintain a supply of copepods there as well.
2. The instructions also discuss reactors and media that can be used within this filter however, I am unable to locate specific products to be used.
Currently I only have ceramic discs in one section which were supplied with the filter upon purchase. I would like to add carbon and something for phosphorus.
3. This filter also comes with dosing tubes. I do not currently have a dosing system but I am actively looking for one. Can you recommend a dosing system that is compatible with this system please? I noticed BRS has a complete like of bulk dosing products with what looks like a dosing set up and I'm wondering if that would work for what I have described that I already have in my tank and what I am trying to achieve with this filtration system?
Thanks so much!
The filter has a window in the back, this is to add a light for the refugium section. Depending on which light its used it would require some adaptation. But the Auqa Gadget ChaetoMax 2-n-1 Refugium LED by Innovative Marine is very popular for this application. You can order Chaeto and Copepods to by Algae Barn directly from our website.
The third chamber of the HF-M is designed to accommodate up to two AquaMaxx FR-S media reactors (sold separately): which can be used for carbon and/or GFO. (GFO media is used for Phosphates)
For Dosing, you can use the included Dosing Ports to attach the tubing from coming a dosing pump.
If you have questions about dosing pumps or any other product, please feel free to email us at email@example.com and we will be happy to help.
Happy Reef Keeping.