Fluidized GFO and Carbon Filter Media Reactor - XL - Aquamaxx
Earn 890 Reward Points Earn 445 Reward Points$89.99
AquaMaxx Fluidized Media Reactors are multi-purpose aquarium water filters specially designed for use in marine and reef aquaria. Insert your media of choice to help eliminate organic pollutants, odors, discolorations and algae fuels.
Fluidized reactors, also commonly referred to as phosphate or media reactors, are one of the easiest and most effective ways to use filter media in a saltwater aquarium system. These versatile filters are capable of running several different types of filter media, from activated carbon and granular ferrous oxide to resin and nitrate-reducing media.
The up-flow design of AquaMaxx Fluidized Media Reactors helps to keep filter media suspended and evenly dispersed to provide maximum contact time between your aquarium water and the media inside the reactor. Water is introduced into the bottom of the filter and then gravity pushes it upward through the media and back out into your tank.
AquaMaxx Fluidized Media Reactors are available in two sizes: Standard and XL. They are computer designed, precision-cut and made of polished A-class acrylic. All AquaMaxx media reactors are rigorously tested in saltwater environments to ensure reliability, efficiency and affordability.
AquaMaxx Fluidized Media Reactors require a small pump/powerhead and tubing (sold separately) to push water through the reactor. You can plumb the reactor using 3/4" flexible vinyl tubing. Using a ball valve is highly recommended because it will allow you to regulate the flow rate. Since different types of media have different flow rate requirements, be sure to reference the manufacturer’s suggested flow rate for the media you intend to use (it’s usually listed in the product description and/or on the product label).
An optional hang-on adaptor (sold separately) is available for additional mounting configurations. For best results, use AquaMaxx Granular Ferrous Oxide (GFO), AquaMaxx Bituminous Carbon or similar aquarium filter media.
All AquaMaxx products carry a 90-day manufacturer warranty and include detailed instructions and diagrams to help hobbyists get up and running immediately.
AQUAMAXX XL FLUIDIZED MEDIA REACTORS SPECS
- Reactor Footprint: 5.5" x 5.5"
- Chamber Diameter: 3.94"
- Reactor Height: 22"
- Chamber Capacity: 0.66 Gallons (2.5L) ~10.5 Cups
- Using GFO: up to 500 Gallons
- Using Activated Carbon: up to 300 Gallons
- Inlet/Outlet: 3/4" or 1/2" Hose barb
Accessories & Replacement Parts:
- AquaMaxx Replacement Foam for Fluidized Filter Media Reactors XS, Standard, XL, and XXL
- AquaMaxx Hang-On Bracket for BioMaxx BioPellet and Media Reactors
- AquaMaxx Media Divider Plate for Fluidized GFO and Carbon Reactors
- AquaMaxx Replacement Inlet/Outlet O-Ring for BioMaxx and XS, Standard, XL, XXL Media Reactors - 10 pack
- AquaMaxx Replacement Thumb Screw for Protein Skimmers, BioMaxx & Media Reactors
- AquaMaxx Replacement O-ring for BioMaxx BioPellet and Media Reactors
- AquaMaxx Replacement Lid for BioMaxx BioPellet and Media Reactors
|Product Name||Fluidized GFO and Carbon Filter Media Reactor - XL - Aquamaxx|