MarinePure Ceramic Biomedia 1 1/2” Spheres
Two Quart Box - 1 1/2” Spheres Ceramic Biomedia - MarinePure
Earn 140 Reward Points Earn 280 Reward Points$28.99
Gallon Box - 1 1/2” Spheres Ceramic Biomedia - MarinePure
Earn 260 Reward Points Earn 520 Reward Points$52.99
Why does BRS recommend this?
Biological filtration is the number one key to a nice and stable reef tank, and anytime we can sneak in some MarinePure Biomedia into an All in one tank, sump, or even overflows we will. We have run density tests and they have proved to be more porous than any live rock we could find. They are a great base for sponge growth, microfauna, and even coral frags.
MarinePure is an inert ceramic material with open flow architecture, extremely high surface area and natural wetting properties. A Single 1½” Marine Pure ceramic sphere has 240 square feet of surface area. This means you can fit almost 20 times the surface area in the same space verses bioballs.
The media’s composition is similar to natural rock formations. MarinePure provides approximately 150,000 sq. Ft per cu. Ft (510 m2/L) of accessible surface area. The properties of MarinePure create a stable home for a dense population of beneficial bacteria that remove ammonia and nitrites from your aquarium. Some systems will also see a decrease in nitrates. MarinePure will work in sumps, trickle filters, wet/dry filters, hang on the back filters or directly in the tank.
- 100% Tank Tested
- Most technically advanced bio-filtration substrate
- High usable surface area for beneficial bacteria growth
- Open porosity means maximum bacteria exposure to contaminates and promotes excellent water circulation and less clogging
- Designed specifically to target ammonia and nitrite removal and minimizes nitrates
- Inert and chemically stable
- Greater than 80% open porosity
- Provides consistent water chemistry
- Reduces tank maintenance
- Able to support large fish loads
- Can be cleaned, reused and sterilized
Compare MarinePure Products
1½” Marinepure Sphere: 240 sq ft
2" Marinepure Cube: 720 sq ft
8"x8"x1” Marinepure Block: 5,750 sq ft
8"x8"x4”Marinepure Block: 23,000 sq ft
Blocks, Plates, & Cubes
MarinePure is available as 2" Cubes, 8”x8”x1” Plates or 8”x8"x4” Blocks.
• Add to existing tank set ups for additional filtration, simply set the block down in your sump
• Place under gravel bed for new tank set up
• Wet-dry filters
• Blocks are ideally suited for large setups
|Product Name||MarinePure Ceramic Biomedia 1 1/2” Spheres|