- Rx-U 2.0L Universal Media Reactor - Vertex
The Vertex Rx-U 2.0L Universal Media Reactor combines great performance for crystal clear results with solid construction, ease of use and easy maintenance.
- Holds 2.0L of Media (approx. 67 Fl oz)
- Inlet/Outlet 3/4"
- Total Height: approx. 24" (610mm)
- Chamber Diameter: approx. 4" (100mm)
- Foot print: approx. 4.7" (120mm)
Vertex Rx-U 2.0L Universal Media Reactor eliminates the problem of media compaction by giving complete control of flow-through to the user. These universal reactors are designed for inline, hard-plumbed applications and/or remote, soft-hose applications.
- Easy Set up
- Easy maintenance because unit can be fully disassembled
- Precision manufacturing using CNC machining for 0 variance between parts
- Cast Acrylic Tube
- PVC Base and lid for maximum durability
- PN16 U-PVC Fittings
- Onboard True Union ball valve for control of flow
- Union connection
- Barbed hose connection
- QUICK-LOC lid design for easy replenishment or removal of media
- Titatium Screws
- Silicone O-Rings
- Internal or External Applications
waste of money By Raul on 9/4/2015Raul wouldn't recommend this product to a friendI never posted a bad review for a product. nut this reactor is a waste of money. first it didnt not come with the correct size fittings. And its useless if you plan on using ROX carbon. I know i can cut foam pads to fit the reactor but that to much work. im sticking with my brs reactors. very dissapointed
ok build but loose parts always make it leak By Reefermadness on 2/14/2015Reefermadness wouldn't recommend this product to a friendnice build but the 2 elbows on top will always leak - move them the wrong way it will leak.
Plus it uses upvc parts where its really hard to find the glue - i've had to glue this reactor 5 times - still leaks on me - goign to trash it - wasted too much time on it
Works, but needs work first By Bill on 3/10/2014Bill wouldn't recommend this product to a friendThe construction is nice on this. However, two things quickly became a pain:
1. The hose barbs included are 3/4". I had to go get hose adapters to convert from 1/2" to 3/4" (I wasn't about to try running 3/4" vinyl tubing to/from the reactor).
2. The foam pads are too course. You can't use them with BRS ROX carbon, the carbon just flows right through the foam and ends up in your tank.
Once I got the hose adapters, and cut out some finer foam pads to replace the Vertex pads, the reactor is working just fine. Build quality seems good.
If I had to do it over again, I'd save the money and get a BRS or TLF reactor.
Starting at: $21.99
Starting at: $19.99
Starting at: $44.99
Should I let my cabron tumble in this or fill it full so it doesn't move?
We would not recommend letting carbon tumble in any media reactor as the soft material will grind itself into dust over time. It would be best to only use the recommended amount of carbon based on your tanks water volume and sandwiching the carbon between the included sponges at the top of the reactor. Carbon has very small pores that can clog quickly and using more than the recommended amount of media would not give you more effective filtration over time. The upward flow will keep the media at the top and the sponges will help prevent tumbling. You can use our media calculator to find the recommended amount for your tank. If you have any other questions, let us know.