- Turbelle Stream 6155 Controllable (1050 to 3950 GPH) - Tunze
Why does BRS recommend this?
Tunze Controllable pumps have been around for years and year with a great reputation. Tunze now includes a controller with all their controllable powerheads which greatly increases their value. The Turbelle pumps are very quiet, and for everything you get the price is hard to beat.
German-made Tunze powerheads are the best high flow powerheads available. They are smaller and can be hidden in the aquarium easier than competing brands. Tunze pumps can be configured in a wide range of positions to target any area of the tank.
- For aquariums up 800 gallons
- Controllable* flow rate: 1,050 to 3,950 GPH
- Energy consumption: Maximum of 52W
- Voltage/frequency: 100-240V/50-60Hz
- Cable length: 196.8”
- Diameter: 3.5”
- Output diameter 2.4”
Tunze pumps are excellent high flow powerheads for a number of reasons
- They are the smallest pumps available and easy to hide.
- They rotate to a wide range of angles for targeted flow.
- They consume less power.
- Available accessories such as the Tunze Rock and Controllers make them even more user-friendly.
- Excellent warranty and customer service.
High flow is very important to maintaining a thriving healthy aquarium. Aquariums with poor flow can experience a number of easily avoidable health issue. Using high flow powerheads in your aquarium will:
- Significantly decrease the risk of algae outbreaks.
- Keep waste and particles suspended longer so skimmers and filters have a better chance of removing them.
- Prevent toxic pockets from forming in hard to reach areas.
- Keep debris from collecting on corals.
- Keep food suspended longer so you can add less food.
- Increase the chances of long term healthy tank success.
Quick Compare - Tunze Powerhead Pumps
|Energy Use||Diameter||Output Diameter||Controllable||Tank Size|
|Turbelle Nanostream 6015||475||3.5W||2.7"||1.5"/.59"||
|Turbelle Nanostream 6020||660||5W||2.7"||1.5"/.59"||
|Turbelle Nanostream 6025||740||5W||2.7"||1.5"/.59"||
|Turbelle Nanostream 6040||53-1190||5W||2.7"||1.5"/.59"||
|Turbelle Nanostream 6045||400-1175||5-7W||2.7"||1.5"/.59"||Adjustable||10-135 Gal|
|Turbelle Nanostream 6055||250-1450||4-18W||2.7"||1.5"/.59"||Yes||10-135 Gal|
|Turbelle Stream 6065||1700||12W||3.5"||1.96"||No||65-210 Gal|
|Turbelle Stream 6085||2100||14W||3.5"||1.96"||No||105-265 Gal|
|Turbelle Stream 6105||700-3400||35W||3.5"||2.48"||Yes||50-525 Gal|
|Turbelle Stream 6125||3150||22W||3.5"||2.48"||No||105-525 Gal|
|Turbelle Stream 6155||1050-3950||< 52W||3.5"||2.4"||Yes||up to 800 Gal|
|Turbelle Stream 6255||1300-4800||< 58W||3.5"||3"||Yes||up to 1100 Gal|
good pump with some issues By medtoad on 10/25/2016medtoad would recommend this product to a friendGot a couple of these pumps to replace another brand of wave pumps that kept breaking. So far (about three months) very happy with really one issue. The pumps a super quiet (I have to put my ear next to the pump with nothing on in the room to hear them) and move a lot of water. It took some fiddling with the wave controller to get the pulse I wanted, but that is good now too. My big complaint would be the attachment of the pump to the magnet. It spontaneously came off a couple times and then the powerhead wrecked havoc in the tank totally clearing over a third of the sand from the bottom of my 320 gallon peninsula tank. Huge mess and I was really annoyer. I solved it by supergluing these pieces on my pumps together, but shouldn't have been an issue in the first place.
It's Week 4 of 52 Weeks of Reefing, and this week ...
Today we will talk about why proper flow is import ...
It's Week 35 of 52 Weeks of Reefing, and today we ...
It's week 37 of 52 Weeks of Reefing, and this week ...
Today on BRStv, we have another episode of BRS 52 ...
Special Price: $249.99