Tunze pumps are excellent high flow powerheads for a number of reasons
- They are the smallest pumps available and easy to hide.
- They rotate to a wide range of angles for targeted flow.
- They consume less power.
- Available accessories such as the Tunze Rock and Controllers make them even more user-friendly.
- Excellent warranty and customer service.
High flow is very important to maintaining a thriving healthy aquarium. Aquariums with poor flow can experience a number of easily avoidable health issue. Using high flow powerheads in your aquarium will:
- Significantly decrease the risk of algae outbreaks.
- Keep waste and particles suspended longer so skimmers and filters have a better chance of removing them.
- Prevent toxic pockets from forming in hard to reach areas.
- Keep debris from collecting on corals.
- Keep food suspended longer so you can add less food.
- Increase the chances of long term healthy tank success.
Quick Compare - Tunze Powerhead Pumps
|Energy Use||Diameter||Output Diameter||Controllable||Tank Size|
|Turbelle Nanostream 6015||475||3.5W||2.7"||1.5"/.59"||
|Turbelle Nanostream 6020||660||5W||2.7"||1.5"/.59"||
|Turbelle Nanostream 6025||740||5W||2.7"||1.5"/.59"||
|Turbelle Nanostream 6040||53-1190||5W||2.7"||1.5"/.59"||
|Turbelle Nanostream 6045||400-1175||5-7W||2.7"||1.5"/.59"||Adjustable||10-135 Gal|
|Turbelle Nanostream 6055||250-1450||4-18W||2.7"||1.5"/.59"||Yes||10-135 Gal|
|Turbelle Stream 6065||1700||12W||3.5"||1.96"||No||65-210 Gal|
|Turbelle Stream 6085||2100||14W||3.5"||1.96"||No||105-265 Gal|
|Turbelle Stream 6105||700-3400||35W||3.5"||2.48"||Yes||50-525 Gal|
|Turbelle Stream 6125||3150||22W||3.5"||2.48"||No||105-525 Gal|
|Turbelle Stream 6155||1050-3950||< 52W||3.5"||2.4"||Yes||up to 800 Gal|
|Turbelle Stream 6255||1300-4800||< 58W||3.5"||3"||Yes||up to 1100 Gal|
good pump with some issues By medtoad on 10/25/2016medtoad would recommend this product to a friendGot a couple of these pumps to replace another brand of wave pumps that kept breaking. So far (about three months) very happy with really one issue. The pumps a super quiet (I have to put my ear next to the pump with nothing on in the room to hear them) and move a lot of water. It took some fiddling with the wave controller to get the pulse I wanted, but that is good now too. My big complaint would be the attachment of the pump to the magnet. It spontaneously came off a couple times and then the powerhead wrecked havoc in the tank totally clearing over a third of the sand from the bottom of my 320 gallon peninsula tank. Huge mess and I was really annoyer. I solved it by supergluing these pieces on my pumps together, but shouldn't have been an issue in the first place.