The Skimz E-Series SM252 External Protein Skimmer gives you high performance skimming at a great value.
- Rated for tanks 264 - 793 gallons (1000-3000 Liters)
- Air intake: 761 GPH (1920 LPH), making it capable of handling a higher water throughput.
- Low power consumption and high performance
- Features (2) Skimz ES5000 Needlewheel Pumps
- Skimmer requires an additional feed pump of 740 GPH
BRS Recommended for tanks up to:
- Heavy Bioload (Most Common) - 280 gallons
- Medium Bioload - 360 gallons
- Light Bioload - 480 gallons
- Integrated cylindrical and cone shape chambers help reduce bubble bursting and surface agitation
- Bubble Plate Design - reduces turbulence
- Maximum air flow capacity in compact design
- Micro-adjustable valve for precise water level control
- Twist-lock neck for easy collection cup removal
- Quality construction - CNC machined parts and Georg Fischer fittings
- Requires feed pump of 740 GPH (2800 LPH)
- 3/4" barbed feed input
- 50mm metric PVC output*
*Metric to US plumbing adapters sold separately.
- Body Diameter: 9.84" (250mm)
- Foot Print: 12.95” x 16.38” (329mm x 416mm)
- Total Height: 23.62” (600mm)
- Cup Diameter: 252mm
(2) ES5000 Needlewheel Pump Features:
- Skimz worked with an Italian pump manufacturer, using advanced material for the needlewheel impeller, seamless-coated rare earth magnet for durability and high performance.
- Air Draw: 761 GPH (1920 LPH)
- Power Consumption: 40 Watts
- Warranty for Original Purchaser against defective material and workmanship that occurs during normal use.
- 2 Year Warranty on skimmer body
- 1 Year Warranty on pump
Great Product, Not So Great Packaging By Deandre on 10/1/2016Deandre would recommend this product to a friendSo far, the only problem I have is with the packaging. The product runs great. I'm still tuning mine in, but still pulls a good amount of organics out of the water.. When I received the skimmer, the box showed no damage, but one of the pumps housing was cracked in multiple places. BRS fixed that problem quick and easy, Thanks! Now that I have it running the pump that came with it seems louder and doesn't seem to produce as fine bubble as the replacement. Good thing BRS carries parts! I can test my thoughts.
BEst skimmer for the price By andre on 7/21/2015andre would recommend this product to a friendI have a 150 gallon mix reef tank and during maintenance broke my old reef octopus that was rated for a 300gallon tank. went shopping around and after reading lots of good reviews on Skimz products decided to risk it and try them out. Breaking the my old skimmer turned out as a positive for me in this case because i will be upgrading my tank to a 724gallon in the near future 5-8months(structural work been done to floor for weight ). Now i know that this Skimz Monzter SM252 is Rated for a 793 gallon tank but on my 150 right now its working wonders! i have it set to skim nice and dry and its taking out 2-3 times as much durty junk out of my tank as the old reef octopus.
I love this skimmer! By Joshua on 6/29/2014Joshua would recommend this product to a friendI bought a sm 252 almost 3 years ago. It is still running strong. I get some of the nastiest dark skimmate from this skimmer. However I would recommend not gravity feeding it. Use a appropriate size feed pump.
Very easy to clean, being that the bubble plate is removable.
I beleive I will be purchasing the new dc oval for another system.
We recently introduced the Skimz product line here ...
Protein skimmers are a staple of the reefing hobby ...
Week 40: The BRS160 in review: Successes, challenges, and improvements | 52 Weeks of Reefing #BRS160It's Week 40 of 52 Weeks of reefing, and there are ...
Today on BRStv's 52 FAQ, we're answering James Edw ...
Today on BRStv, we have another episode of BRS 52 ...
No related items recommended for this product.
I have listed 2 pumps below which can work great! They are slightly over powered to help deal with any head height and plumbing reducing the flow. If not much distance is needed you can select the size down from each pump as long as it is above 750 GPH or so. Feel free to let us know if you have any further questions!