- Pro kH Test Kit - Tropic Marin
Accurate, Fast, Reliable
Alkalinity is probably the easiest test and by doing routine alkalinity tests it is easy to keep a pulse on your aquariums carbonate intake. The intake of carbonate by corals is done in a relatively balanced ratio and can also be used to know when to dose other additives. Tropic Marin Pro kH Test Kit is perfect for any reefer that wants reliable and repeatable alkalinity tests. The two-part reagent system allows for more precise reading than competitors while holding a tight range of error.
- Measurement Range of 01. - 20 dKH
- Accuracy of 0.1 dKH
- Up to 100 Tests
- Conversion Table Included
- Shake the bottles before use!
- Rinse out the glass cuvette with tap water and then several times with aquarium water.
- Fill the glass cuvette with exactly 5 ml of aquarium water using the dosing syringe.
- Then add 3 drops of reagent A (indicator) and swirl the cuvette carefully. The water sample will turn turquoise.
- Place the enclosed dropper tip on the small syringe and draw out 1 ml of reagent B (titrator).
- Now add reagent B from the syringe to the water sample drop by drop until the water changes color from turquoise to dark-blue and violet and finally to a clear pink color. Swirl the cuvette after each new drop. The measurement is complete when the sample has reached a clear pink color without any blue tinge.
- The consumption of reagent B (difference of 1 ml) multiplied by 10 constitutes the alkalinity in dKH.
- Example: If the lower side of the syringe plunger is at 0.28 ml following titration, then the consumption of reagent B is 0.72 ml (difference of 1 ml). 0.72 x 10 = 7.2. The alkalinity of the aquarium water is 7.2 dKH. It is possible to carry out the test with a 2.5 ml sample so that the test reagents last longer or for hard water over 10 °dH. If you choose to do this, follow the procedure described above and multiply the consumption of reagent B by 20 following titration.
- Rinse out the glass cuvette and the syringe thoroughly with tap water after the measurement process
1x Instruction Card
1x KH Pro Reagent A
1x KH Pro Reagent B
1x 1mL Syringe
1x 5mL Syringe