ONE - Complete Alkalinity and Calcium Solution - PolypLab
If you could skip complicated reactors and multi-part dosing systems and get your calcium, alkalinity, and magnesium in one simple solution, would you?
Not that long ago, one part solutions that promised to maintain balanced calcium and alkalinity were questionably effective , or like kalkwasser carried some level of risk or drawback. In the last few years a few revolutionary products have been introduced to our hobby that offer a safe and effective option to dose one solution with few if any drawbacks. PolypLab One is engineered from two forms of acetate and hydroxide salts. When dosed, the calcium and magnesium ions are freely available for uptake by corals, clams, and many other reef organisms. The acetate ions are metabolized by bacteria to create biologically available biocarbonate. The hydroxide salts provide further buffering capabilities.
- Does not elevate salinity.
- Does not contain calcium carbonate.
- Phosphate and silicate free.
- Makes 500 mL of Solution
- Ingredients: Calcium Acetate, Magnesium Acetate, Hydroxide Salts
- Contains Approximately: 70,000 ppm Calcium, 16,000 ppm Magnesium, 4,000 meq/L Alkalinity
Fill bottle approximately 3/4 full with RO/DI water to and shake. Once mixed, top off with RO/DI water until level is up to the neck of the bottle. Once full dissolved, your product is ready for use.
- Shake well before each use.
- Test Calcium and alkalinity.
- For every 50 gallons of total aquarium volume, dose 1-4 capfuls (5-20mL) in an area with good flow and away from direct contact with corals.
- Start with a low dose of approximately 5 mL per 50 gallons and adjust as needed to maintain calcium and alkalinity.
- Allow 12-24 hours before re-testing for bacterial activity to convert acetate to alkalinity.
- Keep bottle tightly closed when not in use.
- This product will temporarily cloud aquarium water after dosing so it is recommended to dose ONE at night.
- Proper dosing with One maintains: 400 ppm Ca, 7 dkh, 1300 ppm Mg
|Product Name||ONE - Complete Alkalinity and Calcium Solution - PolypLab|