Metroplex Bacterial & Protazoan Fish Treatment

Grouped product items
100 grams (3.5oz) Metroplex Fish Treatment

SKU: 213208

In stock

$86.67 $86.67

- +

MetroPlex is an effective and safe treatment for several protozoan and anaerobic bacterial diseases of fish (Cryptocaryon, Hexamita, Ichthyophthirius). It does not adversely affect the filter bed and is easily removed with carbon. It can either be dosed into the water or combined with Focus in a medicated food mix. It will treat both internal and external infections regardless of the delivery method. When used in a medicated food mix, it is excellent for treating parasites in tanks that contain sensitive invertebrates. MetroPlex is a very gentle medication with minimal risks of overdosing.



  • Treats protazoan parasites and anaerobic bacterial diseases
  • Minimal danger of overdose
  • Great for medicated food mix for internal parasites
  • Does not adversely affect the filter bed


While disease treatment in a quarantine tank is always the preferred option, sometimes it may not be practical to catch a fish for treatment. Metroplex can be safely dosed in the display aquarium if necessary. Always observe tank inhabitants carefully when treating, and be prepared to perform a water change and add fresh activated carbon if necessary. When the treatment period is over, Metroplex can easily be removed using activated filter carbon. It does not linger in the substrate or filter media of the tank.


Active Ingredients

  • Metronidazole (70%)


Dosing Directions


Dosing in Water

  • Remove all invertebrates - these are extremely sensitive to medication.
  • Turn off UV filters, ozone filters, and remove chemical filtration media.
  • Use 1-2 measures (included) per every 40 L (10 US gallons).
  • Repeat this dose every 48 hours for up to 3 weeks or until symptoms disappear.


Dosing in Food

Feed the medicated food mix (recipe below) every day until the infection clears or up to 3 weeks. This medicated food can be refrigerated or frozen between feedings.

  • 1 scoop Metroplex
  • 1 scoop Focus
  • 1 tbsp food (preferably pellets or frozen food)
  • A few drops of water if using a dry food

Tip: To enhance palatability use with GarlicGuard or Entice.

Write Your Own Review
You're reviewing:Metroplex Bacterial & Protazoan Fish Treatment
Your Rating
Only registered users can write reviews. Please or

Product Questions

It says active ingredient metronidazole 70% what is the other 30% ingredients?
Question by: Renee on Mar 10, 2024, 1:09 AM
Hey there, looks like the other 30% is simply excipients.
Answer by: Laura (BRS Staff) on Apr 2, 2024, 5:49 PM