Highly effective, non-antibiotic treatment for true fungal infections and bacterial diseases
Fritz Maracyn Oxy can be a powerful tool in controlling true fungal infections that can result from injuries or other diseases such as ich, and has also been found to be effective against certain bacterial infections. It slowly releases small amounts of a stabilized oxygen-chlorine combination which, when used as directed, has an unusual ability to treat a wide variety of tropical fish diseases.
- Effective treatment for fungal infections
- Non-antibiotic treatment
Available in Two Sizes
- 4 Oz
- 16 Oz
Fritz Maracyn Oxy can be used to treat fish exhibiting the following symptoms: clamped fins, swollen eyes, heavy or rapid breathing, patchy coloration or any change in behavior of the fish. All suspected bacterial infections should be treated immediately.
Fungal infections are usually found at the site of an injury or recent attack from parasites. A true fungal infection has a cotton-like appearance similar to a mold found on fruit, bread or cheese, except that on a fish, a fungus is usually white. Fungal infections are very difficult to treat and are usually secondary invaders resulting from an injury on the fish or recent wounds from parasites or bacterial infection. Fish are typically unable to heal from this type of infection on their own, and left untreated are not likely to survive.
The use of a hospital tank is recommended. Switch off UV sterilizers during treatment.
- Use 1/2 capful (2.5 mL) per 10 gallons of water. Repeat as needed for not more than 5 days.
- It is suggested to always increase tank aeration during treatment to ensure an adequate oxygen supply for sick fish.
Note: Not suitable for use with starfish or related species. Should fish exhibit signs of distress neutralize the medication by using an aquarium dechlorinator. Consult a veterinarian or fish expert for assistance in diagnosis of disease-causing organisms and treatment options.
CAUTION: Fritz Maracyn Oxy is not a toxic material but certain people may have a reaction. Use the following antidotes:
- External antidote: Flood skin with plenty of water. If irritation persists, get medical attention.
- For eyes: flood with plenty of water and call a physician immediately.
- Internal antidote: Drink large quantities of milk. Call physician.
|SKU||Maracyn Oxy Fungal Fish Treatment - Fritz Aquatics|