Georg Fischer

Wye Check Valve

Grouped product items
1/2” Wye Check Valve

SKU: 207894

In stock


- +
3/4” Wye Check Valve

SKU: 202450

In stock


- +
1” Wye Check Valve

SKU: 202451

In stock


- +
1 1/4” Wye Check Valve

SKU: 209976

In stock


- +
1 1/2” Wye Check Valve

SKU: 202452

In stock


- +
2” Wye Check Valve

SKU: 202453

In stock


- +

Why does BRS recommend this?

Check valves are always a good idea to have, however when it comes to reliability you get what you pay for.  There are other good check valves on the market but we feel that the Georg Fischer Wye check valve is by far the most superior.  They have a removable plunger that can be cleaned easily without having to remove the main body of the check valve from your plumbing.  With the cost of some floors, these days and other things an overflow can damage paying a few extra bucks for quality safety precautions can save a lot of money down the line.

Swiss-made check valves allow one directional water flow and are used to prevent back siphoning. Commonly used on return pump outputs to prevent water overflowing the sump in the event of a power outage, pump failure or maintenance.

  • Slip x Slip
  • Easy breakdown for cleaning
  • Long term operation
  • More professional look white Schedule 40 PVC


The golden rule of plumbing is that every job takes three trips to the store. While this can be frustrating locally it can be much worse when shopping online. Being short a fitting or two can delay a plumbing project for days. Here are some quick tips to avoid this.

  • Plan your plumbing on paper
  • Don't skimp on unions. Unions allow for easy breakdown and maintenance as well as remove the need for precise elbow placement. Use them as often as possible.
  • When in doubt order extra. We happily accept returns for a full refund (less shipping) on all unused fittings within one month of purchase. A few extra bucks in return shipping is less frustrating than a project delay.
Write Your Own Review
You're reviewing:Wye Check Valve
Your Rating
Only registered users can write reviews. Please or

Product Questions

Will this check valve work with schedule 80?
Question by: Ridge on Feb 22, 2022, 1:01 AM
Hey there,

Yes this will work sch 80 plumbing. Thanks!
Answer by: Codey on Feb 25, 2022, 2:21 PM
I have the Red Sea s max 400 and want to connect a y check valve directly to my main return pump. Not sure on the size I need or extra fitting or union from the pump to get can you guys help me with what I need..
Question by: Thomas Scholz on Apr 18, 2020, 8:40 PM
Hi Thomas,

Provided you have flexible tubing on your return adding a check valve should be as simple as adding barbed fittings and unions or couplers to the check valve and adding it inline. I believe the tubing is the equivalent of 1/2" on the 400 but that may depend on when your system was made.

I hope this helps! Please feel free to reach out with any additional questions.
Answer by: Nick on Apr 24, 2020, 2:16 PM
How many inches long is the 3/4” wye check valve?
Question by: Wendy on Mar 22, 2018, 7:51 PM
Thanks for contacting BRS!
That check valve is about 5.5". Have a great day!
Answer by: Noah Winn on Mar 26, 2018, 11:56 AM
Can the y check valve be mounted upside down but vertical as in the case of a drain?
Question by: Todd Conner on Apr 18, 2016, 4:52 PM
Great question!
any upside down check valve will not work as water only flows down the valve. Check valves cannot be used on drain lines. Feel free to let us know if you have any further questions.
Answer by: Connor on Apr 26, 2016, 12:17 PM

The description states these are "Slip x Slip". Wouldn't it be more accurate to say they are "Street x Street" or "Spigot x Spigot"? Each end of it fits INTO a socket (or slip) fitting. It's also I think a good idea to put a slip union on one end and an MPT adapter on the other, for easy removal and/or change of plan for the use of this expensive item.
Question by: don_chuwish on Feb 3, 2016, 3:41 PM
Great point!
It is in fact a spigot x spigot fitting. Additionally highly recommended is the use of 2 unions or a union and an MPT adapter. Feel free to let us know if you have any further questions!
Answer by: Connor on Feb 3, 2016, 6:59 PM
Is the check valve sch. 40 PVC because it doesn't look like it? PVC glue?? Does it slip in the pipe or over?
Question by: chris huddleston on Jan 27, 2016, 9:30 AM
Great question!
We use regular weld on 711 industrial glue. However standard schedule 40 glue will work fine! The bottom and top of the valve are the same size as a piece of pipe and we recommend using unions to connect in line. Feel free to let us know if you have any further questions!
Answer by: Connor on Feb 3, 2016, 5:33 PM
Does this check valve have to be vertical for it to operate properly and can it be horizontal?
Question by: Evan Chandlee on Dec 1, 2015, 4:58 PM
Great question!
This will need to be mounted vertically for the float to trigger. Feel free to let us know if you have any further questions!
Answer by: Connor on Dec 9, 2015, 12:16 PM
hello, ive seen a few reviews that state that a 1" check valve is the size of the valve not the OD of the pipe. So in my case if I am using 1" pvc up to my tank I would need a 3/4" check valve or 1" check valve? Please clarify, as i dont want to lower my flow rate.
Question by: brent havanchak on Oct 29, 2015, 9:20 PM
Great question!
The Georg Fisher Wye Check Valve sizes have nothing to do with the size of the valve. The sizes are in fact directly related to the size of the PVC fitting they will work with. For example the 3/4" check valve will work with all 3/4" elbows, unions or other items you will glue a standard 3/4" pipe in. Feel free to let us know if you have any further questions!
Answer by: Connor on Oct 30, 2015, 3:15 PM
my return is 3/4" flex hosing using a tunze return pump. Can i fit this check valve on my return pump or would I need some extra plumbing parts to make it fit.
Question by: Toan on Jul 21, 2014, 9:56 PM
Hi Toan,
Check valves are made for rigid PVC pipe. If you are using flexible tubing then you will need to pick up some barb adapters to convert the fittings from being for rigid PVC to being for flexible tubing. The exact fitting will depend on your plumbing, but it is likely one of the fittings below and a coupler.
Answer by: Bulk Reef Supply on Jul 21, 2014, 9:56 PM
Thinking 2 returns equals 2 check valves. Is that a correct thought?
Question by: Michael on Jan 26, 2014, 11:10 AM
Hi Michael,
That would be the case, unless the two returns come together at the sump and you could put the check valve on before they split.
Answer by: Bulk Reef Supply on Jan 26, 2014, 11:10 AM