FM-2: Filter Monitor with Volumizer
The FM-2 RO Filter Monitor with Volumizer tracks up to five filter stages at once by time and volume. The monitor allows you to create filter change points at each stage at an individual point in the future or at a specific water volume. When the preset points are reached the FM-2 will alert you that it's time to change a particular stage. This is a great unit for maintaining your RO Unit.
- Five independent timers
- Monitors up to 5 stages
- Timer counts down in month or days
- Volumizer counts up in gallons or liters
- Digital display
- Easy installation
- A five-stage filter monitor with five independent timers.
- The volumizer counts up in gallons or liters (settings can be modified).
- Works on time (and volume for the FM-2) for up to five stages (can be less).
- Auto-Off function conserves battery power. The unit shuts off automatically after 5 minutes of non-use.
- The timer counts down in months or days (settings can be modified).
- Modern design is perfect for any kitchen.
- Installs quickly and easily.
Timer Range - 0-999 days/months
Timer Mode -: Days or months (default is months)
Settings - One alert per stage, up to five stages
Default Setting - 12 months
Batteries - 2 x AA (included)
Battery Life - approx. 18 months
Base Unit Dimensions - 100 x 63 23 mm (4 x 2.5 x 0.9 in)
Base Unit Weight - 119 g (4.2 oz.) (including batteries)
Flow Switch Cable Length - 93 cm (36.6 in)
Flow Switch Fitting Size - 1/4" Quick Connect
Thank you for reaching out to us. 0.3 l/min
Please let me know if you need anything further and take care!
Yes that would work. You could attach a volumizer anywhere on the system and get a reading.
1) The factory default settings are 12 months/days and 100 gallons/liters for each stage.
2) To reset to the default settings (if you have changed it), with the unit on, quickly press the SET button. The unit will beep and the "SET" icon will be displayed.
3) Press and hold the SET, UP and DOWN buttons together for 2 seconds. The unit will beep three times. This will reset all five stages to 12 m/d and 100 g/l (deleting any saved settings.)
It will only function on the water inlet line. Fortunately this is the value you want to know anyway, as all of the water (product and waste) both travel through your prefilters.
The volumizer only records the water going into the RO/DI unit and it will continue to do so. Since your filters are rated for the amount of total water they are processing and that will remain the same, the volumizer is still good to go (you'll just find that of that total water processed more of it is product water vs waste now so you don't have to run the unit as long to get the same amount of product water). Hope that makes sense!