FlorinAxis - Carbon Source for Planted Aquariums
Bioavailable Carbon Source & Krebs Cycle Stimulator for Planted Tanks
- Concentrated source of carbon, Krebs cycle intermediates, humic & amino acids, and phytohormones
- Compatible with CO2 supplementation
- Promotes more efficient metabolism of foods and available nutrients for fish and plants
- Aids plants in the uptake of important nutrients such as iron, calcium, magnesium, etc.
- Formulated using extensive research on aquatic plant nutrient requirements
FlorinAxis is a highly beneficial product for plants in multiple ways. Firstly, it serves as a reliable and stable source of carbon that plants can directly absorb. Unlike carbon derived from preservatives, FlorinAxis uses naturally-occurring compounds. Secondly, it contains essential components that play a key role in the Krebs cycle. This cycle helps aerobic organisms in the aquarium utilize available nutrients more effectively. Additionally, FlorinAxis includes humic substances that enhance the availability of important multivalent cations like iron, calcium, magnesium, and others, which are crucial for the health and growth of plants. Moreover, it contains phytohormones, natural substances that have been proven to increase the growth and flowering rate of aquatic plants. In summary, FlorinAxis is a unique and extensively researched formulation that promotes the overall health and growth of both fish and plants, while also facilitating the rapid breakdown of organic material by aerobic microbes.
The ingredients in FlorinAxis provide the following:
- Citric Acid and Citrate - Organic carbon source and a confirmed stimulator of the Krebs cycle; carbon is required for all organic compounds
- Magnesium - Krebs cycle catalyst, component of chlorophyll, required for enzyme activation
- Humic and Fulvic Acids - Promote nutrient uptake, stimulate root- and overall-growth, aid in photosynthesis, stimulate plant enzyme production
- Kelp - Provides natural phytohormones necessary for plant growth and flowering
- Protein Hydrolysate - A source of slow-release nutrients and soluble peptides and amino acids, the building blocks of plant proteins
Instructions & Guidelines
FlorinAxis will help create an environment conducive to long-term plant health and growth; it is part of a complete system for planted aquarium husbandry and is most beneficial when used in conjunction with supplements that provide other necessary nutrients. Water care products that provide a full range of nutrients, such as Brightwell Aquatics FlorinMulti, Florin-K, Florin-Fe, and FlorinGro, should be used as plant requirements in individual aquaria dictate. Shake product well before using.
Basic: For the first 3 - 5 weeks of use, add 5 ml (1 capful) of product per 50 US-gallons (189.3 L) of aquarium water once each week; increase dosage thereafter depending upon perceived nutrient needs of plants. Densely-planted aquaria and/or those that enjoy rapid plant growth (such as aquaria with intense lighting and CO2 supplementation) may benefit from more frequent supplementation. When used in this fashion, 250 ml treats up to 2,500 US-gallons (9,464 L).
Advanced: Daily, rather than weekly, dosing is recommended; daily dosing maintains a more stable and natural environment than dosing weekly, in which nutrient concentrations spike just after dosing and then gradually decrease throughout the course of the week. To dose daily, add 6 drops per 50 US-gallons per day; adjust dosing volume after 3 - 5 weeks in accordance with appearance of plants and perceived need for nutrients. Carbon supplementation is something that most hobbyists maintaining planted aquaria are interested, if not already engaging, in. The source of carbon in FlorinAxis is taken up by plants as required, which is in contrast to broadcasting CO2 gas throughout an aquarium to act as a carbon source. Because of this, it will take some experimentation on the hobbyist’s part to determine how much carbon in this form is required by their plants. Hobbyists already employing a CO2 system will see benefits from the addition of FlorinAxis, due to the positive influence it has on the Krebs cycle and on other aspects of plant growth. Because carbon availability is often the limiting factor in plant growth, dramatic results are more likely to be seen in planted aquaria in which no form of carbon supplementation is already employed; regardless, all aquaria can benefit from the formulation and science behind this supplement.
Caution: Keep out of reach of children. Not for human consumption.
Ingredients: Purified water, Citric acid, Sodium citrate, Magnesium sulfate, Humic acid, Fulvic acid, Protein hydrolysate, Kelp extract.
|SKU||FlorinAxis - Brightwell Aquatics|