- DINO X (Algae X) - Fauna Marin
Previously Ultra Algae X now DINO X
Fight hairy or plague type algae with DINO X from Fauna Marin.
- Strong and effective solution to remove nuisance algae, dinoflagellates and Bryopsis algae.
- Does not harm corals
- Does not destabilize the aquarium system.
- DINO X is not a treatment for Cyanobacteria.
Manufacturer's Recommended Dosing:
5 mL of DINO X for 26 gallons(100 L) - every 2 days
DO NOT OVERDOSE - measure liters or gallons exactly.
Dose every 2 days until the algae is gone but not more than 21 days at a time.
Careful By FishGeek on 1/19/2018FishGeek would recommend this product to a friendYes it absolutely works absolutely without a doubt do not over treat. I overdid it on one of my treatments and got some Coral bleaching 837 gallon system takes a lot 2 water changed out
I can't believe its working this well By Josh on 10/14/2017Josh would recommend this product to a friendI can't believe this is working this well, I'm 2 weeks in and all my hairy matted algae is gone. My parameters were perfect and the algae was resistant to everything, 100% changes with aggressive algae removal, herbivores and multiple blackouts. Didn't matter it always came back and came back fast. Dino X works and I'm shocked it works. if anything changes after full treatment I'll update this, but right now, I couldn't be more happy with the it.
Absolutely amazing so far!! By Joe on 6/24/2017Joe would recommend this product to a friendSome have given some pretty bad reviews on here but I got to say I fought with this Dino algae for over a year and then came across Dino X. I tried EVERYTHING people suggested online. I'm halfway through the 21-day treatment and I can see a huge difference. At least 80% of the dino algae is gone. Yes I do have a couple SPS that don't seem to be doing as well but by no means are they doing horrible. The tips are just a little more white. Anemone is fine and all fish seem to be good as ever. Same with shrimp and snails. No issues so far. Either way you got to ask yourself if nothing else is working why would you not try this? If all I lose are a few Coral I can live with that if it gets rid of the algae. Now I lose more than that and I'll be rewriting this review. I'll try to repost after the treatment is completed and give it at least another week but as of right now I got to say this stuff is amazing. I did cut my lights back to 6 hours max during the treatment and I went a few millimeters under on the dosage. Little worried to go with the max dose but so far got to say extremely satisfied. All I can say is every tank is different so this may work for you it may not but I'm loving it! 10 more days to go!!
It doesn't work and I threw what I had left away. By Moonchild198 on 6/17/2017Moonchild198 wouldn't recommend this product to a friendAll it did was turn my algae a little yellow and that took a long time.
The Dino X Miracle By Vic on 6/16/2017Vic would recommend this product to a friendI have had my 75 mixed reef for 13 years and during that whole time it was very stable. About 8 months ago I started getting dinoflagellates. I did everything I could to try and get rid of it but it just got worse. Coral, macro algae and snail loss. Not a total loss but a devastating one. My tank was to the point of me giving up. I found dino x through balkreefsuppy and figured at this point I have nothing to loose. I dosed for a total of 19 days. The dinos were gone in 12 days. It worked for me and they have yet to come back. I could cry every time I look at my tank and see white sand. Thank you for working Dino X
It did work for me By Worked for me with some coral lost on 4/19/2017Worked for me with some coral lost would recommend this product to a friendI dosed 21 days every other day as indicated and it did kill the strain of Dinofalagellats that I had. I am not sure of the exact strain that is was but it looked like a bad case of Diatoms not stringy looking like most of the time that I have seen in other peoples tanks. I did lose some of my corals,two blood shrimp and a cleaner shrimp. My Pistol shrimp made it throught the dosing period so I guess you could remove any inverts and corals before dosing if you are able to as to minimize any loses. But even with some of my losees the end result for me is the tank looks great.
Didn't work for dinoflagellates outbreak By James on 3/14/2017James wouldn't recommend this product to a friendI had an outbreak of dinoflagellates in my 300G system. I followed the DinoX dosing instructions exactly and did 10 treatments for 22 days. I went through almost 3 of the 250 mL bottles (over $100) and it had zero effect on the dino. Waste of money from my point of view.
Works Great! By T-Remp on 8/21/2016T-Remp wouldn't recommend this product to a friendPersonally this product worked for me. I have a 65 gallon mixed reef that developed a pretty good Dino and Hair algae problem. I put two cap fulls of Dino X in every evening for a week, turned carbon reactor off and only turned my light on every other day. Before doing my daily dose, I always look at my coral and fish for signs of effects and saw zero. One week later most to all algae is gone. Great product if done correctly with a little thought.
It works By Nox on 6/28/2016Nox would recommend this product to a friendReading a couple of reviews here about corals getting bleached when using Dino-X. Dinoflagellates is a type of zooxanthellae. Zooxanthellae is what gives coral its color. Dino-X is made to get rid of Dino, but if one doesnt calculate their water volume and end up over dosing , it will absolutely bleach coral. Rookie mistakes.
but if dosage is correctly calculated, and instructions are followed. Dino-X will be effective against common forms of Dinoflagellates. Sometimes it might take 2 rounds of 21 days each but it does work.
doesn't work By vince` on 6/23/2016vince` wouldn't recommend this product to a friendAfter dosing during 1 week my SPS corals started to bleach, and finally died. I do not recommend this product
Didn't work By Jeff on 6/20/2016Jeff wouldn't recommend this product to a friendDoesn't work at all
Did not work By James on 5/16/2016James wouldn't recommend this product to a friendI doesn't this product with zero results.
It's Week 48 of 52 Weeks of Reefing, and we are ba ...
No related items recommended for this product.
Thanks for getting in touch with us in regards to dosing. I would recommend that you take displacement into consideration when dosing any additive. Please let me know if there is anything else that we can assist with. Thanks!
I'm from England and ordered a bottle online however I belive I may have been miss sold.
Does Dino x smell at all as my product could quite easily contain water it just doesn't smell of anything chemical related at all.
Just concerned about dosing something that I think maybe a con
Thanks for taking the time to read this
No need for panic, the Dino X is very neutral in odor, and even though there isn't a "chemical smell" to it, there is active ingredient :)
This will work at helping to remove all algae in the aquarium! Feel free to let us know if you have any further questions!
This will have an impact on Bubble algae however for best control manual removal while siphoning the water will help to remove the spores and keep the algae from spreading. In smaller cases often times Emerald Crabs will do a great job at controlling the levels. Feel free to let us know if you have any further questions!
The 5 mL dosage will be perfect. Feel free to let us know if you have any further questions!
We have heard of it running in Zeovit with no major side effects. Feel free to let us know if you have any further questions.
This product is reef safe and under recommended dosage will not have a negative impact on corals, inverts or fish.
This can work in reef systems with SPS coral. You will want to observe for signs of stress when dosing. Feel free to let us know if you have any further questions!
Dino X will have a negative impact on all algae in the aquarium and the refugium and macro algae should be disconnected from the system before dosing. Feel free to let us know if you have any further questions!
Great question, For this product you will dose 5 mL per 26 gallons. On average tank of 75 Gallons you will need 15 mL every 2 days. This product will do a great job at reducing the growth of the hair algae however the dead and extra algae present will need to be manually removed. Feel free to let us know if you have any further questions!