DINO X is a very strong and effective solution which removes any hairy or plague type algae growth and dinoflagellates in Reef Tanks.
- Strong and effective solution to remove nuisance algae, dinoflagellates and Bryopsis algae.
- Does not harm corals
- Does not destabilize the aquarium system.
- DINO X is not a treatment for Cyanobacteria.
Manufacturer's Recommended Dosing:
- 5 ml Dino X per 100 L (26 gal) of aquarium water
- To prevent overdose, it is very important to calculate the exact volume of aquarium water.
- For heavy infestations and outbreaks, up to 6ml Dino X per 100 L (26 gal) can be dosed.
- A high performance skimmer is recommended.
- Dosage should be repeated every 2 days until algae is completely eliminated.
- A general treatment period cannot be given due to many variables.
- Dinoflagellates can usually be treated with 10 doses.
- Other algae can be treated with about 15 doses.
- Do not perform water changes during treatment period. Resume water change schedule after 1 week from final Dino X dose.
- Do not dose any trace elements during treatment period. Do not dose any mineral salts, amino acids, SPS food, or Balling Light Trace B Elements
- Do not use ozone or carbon during treatment period.
- Discontinue any kind of absorbing media such as GFO and PO4 removers.
- Run a quality activated carbon after treatment period to remove residual chemicals; follow recommended dosing instruction.
DO NOT OVERDOSE - measure total system water volume as exactly as possible, accounting for water displacement from rocks, sand, ect.
Special Notes & Recommendations
- Dino X is NOT a treatment for cyano bacteria.
- When used correctly, Dino X is harmless to inverts and fish.
- Dino X should always be dosed in the evening or 1 hour AFTER main lighting has shut off.
- Photosynthesis of Zooanthellae algae is discontinued, ultimately allowing for optimal effect of Dino X. Main lighting phase should be no longer than 6 hours daily.
- Set skimmer to skim wet and run 24/7.
- Water parameters can be adjusted with Balling Light or lime water. These do not affect Dino X performance.
- Pre-mixed Ca, Alk, Mg, solutions should be used with caution as these often contain additional trace elements.
Thank you for reaching out to us. UV sterilizers are okay to use during treatment.
Please let me know if you need anything further and take care!
The recommended dose is 5 mL of DINO X for 26 gallons(100 L) - every 2 days but with 20 gallons I would go to 4ml instead of 5.
Dino-x can take up to 21 days to work.
Please let us know if you need anything further and take care!
Thanks for getting in touch with us in regards to dosing. I would recommend that you take displacement into consideration when dosing any additive. Please let me know if there is anything else that we can assist with. Thanks!
We have heard of it running in Zeovit with no major side effects. Feel free to let us know if you have any further questions.
I'm from England and ordered a bottle online however I belive I may have been miss sold.
Does Dino x smell at all as my product could quite easily contain water it just doesn't smell of anything chemical related at all.
Just concerned about dosing something that I think maybe a con
Thanks for taking the time to read this
No need for panic, the Dino X is very neutral in odor, and even though there isn't a "chemical smell" to it, there is active ingredient :)
This product is reef safe and under recommended dosage will not have a negative impact on corals, inverts or fish.
This can work in reef systems with SPS coral. You will want to observe for signs of stress when dosing. Feel free to let us know if you have any further questions!
The 5 mL dosage will be perfect. Feel free to let us know if you have any further questions!
This will have an impact on Bubble algae however for best control manual removal while siphoning the water will help to remove the spores and keep the algae from spreading. In smaller cases often times Emerald Crabs will do a great job at controlling the levels. Feel free to let us know if you have any further questions!
This will work at helping to remove all algae in the aquarium! Feel free to let us know if you have any further questions!
Great question, For this product you will dose 5 mL per 26 gallons. On average tank of 75 Gallons you will need 15 mL every 2 days. This product will do a great job at reducing the growth of the hair algae however the dead and extra algae present will need to be manually removed. Feel free to let us know if you have any further questions!
Dino X will have a negative impact on all algae in the aquarium and the refugium and macro algae should be disconnected from the system before dosing. Feel free to let us know if you have any further questions!