German-made and extremely quiet. EHEIM universal pumps offer a large power spectrum and versatile uses. They also feature outstanding continuous operation characteristics in a more robust pump.
- Output: 80 GPH
- Head Height: 4 ft.
- Power Watt: 5W
- Intake: 1/2"
- Outlet: 3/8"
- Dimensions: 4" x 5.8" x 3”
These versatile water pumps are perfect for returning water from sump filter systems and can be used either submersed in the water, or located in-line outside of the sump (less heat transfer). Highly energy efficient with silent operation, these dependable pumps will give years of operation.
- Universal pumps are designed for use in/under water as well as for powerful use outside.
- All universal pumps have a hermetically sealed motor body. That guarantees maximum safety.
- The integrated pre-filter prevents objects from entering the impeller and ensures long performance.
- The inlet connector is designed for safe hose connection.
- The pressure connector enables the use of interesting accessories such as installation SET 2.
- The supplied assembly plate enables different assembly options.
- Low energy, less heat transfer to water
- Can be used submerged or in-line
- Silent operation
- Ceramic shaft, suitable for fresh or salt water
- Threaded hose barbs for intake/outlet included
- Optional screen prefilter intake
Quick Compare - Eheim Universal Pump
|Model||Power Usage||Maximum Head Pressure||Maximum Flow||Overall Dimensions|
|1046||5 Watts||3.11 Ft.||80 GPH||4" x 5.8" x 3”|
4.5" x 5.8" x 4.75”
|1250||28 Watts||6.5 Ft.||320 GPH||4.75" x 7" x 3.75”|
|1260||65 Watts||12 Ft.||640 GPH||6.25” x 8.5” x 4.5”|
6.25 x 8.5 x 4.5”
|Out of stock message||DISCONTINUED|
|Max Head Height||Under 5 Feet|
|Output Size||0.375" (3/8 in.)|
|Input Size||0.375" (3/8 in.)|
As long as it is fast enough and can pump the distance you need to go, there isn't any reason you can't use it. My advise though would be to use a lot faster pump. Being so slow I your likely to create a situation where you'll want to prop it up in the tank, then you'll forget about it, then you'll have wet floors and an upset spouse. Don't ask me how I know :-) I'd be sure to get something large enough it only takes a few minutes to do the pumping.