ConeS DRC-3 Controllable In-Sump Protein Skimmer
ConeS DRC-3 Controllable In-Sump Protein Skimmer - AquaMaxx
AquaMaxx has a dedicated R&D team with more than 10 years experience designing high-performance, high-quality yet affordable protein skimmers. Moreover, AquaMaxx skimmers are engineered with computer-precision and are outfitted with the latest filtration innovations.
The new RC Series of skimmers features an exclusive design that promotes bubble re-circulation while dramatically reducing bubble spillage. The recycling of free bubbles increases contact time between air and water in the chamber, allowing for more protein extraction. This revolutionary design evenly distributes the flow of air and water through the flow plate, which improves overall skimmer performance.
AquaMaxx ConeS DRC Skimmers feature high-quality Shark DC pumps. Each Shark DC pump motor block is fitted with a needle wheel impeller, capable of drawing in chopping up significantly more air to the optimum bubble size for protein extraction. These pump and protein skimmer combinations deliver unprecedented performance and reliability. Accumulated protein and organics will be vigorously removed from your tank so you can focus less on maintenance and more on enjoying your piece of the reef.
AquaMaxx Cone-Series Protein Skimmers are designed from the ground up with the hobbyist in mind. A built-in air intake silencer reduces noise for near-silent operation. The hybrid-cone design maximizes the size of the reaction chamber and to allow the skimmate to smoothly rise into the collection cup. The advanced Bubble Chamber decreases turbulence and produces a stable laminar flow: which improves bubble transition and boosts skimmer performance.
- *NEW* Exclusive bubble re-circulation design allows for more protein extraction and improved skimmer performance
- *NEW* Quick-Precise adjustment valve allows for fast tuning of the skimmer water level to control wet/dry foam production
- *NEW* Improved silencer with double expansion chamber to further reduce noise
- *NEW* Comfortable and easy-to-clean collection cup design with more ergonomic handle
- Controllable Shark DC needle-wheel pump produces optimum bubble size for high-efficiency protein skimming
- Efficient, durable and reliable
- Simple to set up and operate
- Cell-cast acrylic construction
- ShockMaxx rubber feet isolate noise and reduce vibration
- Filtration Rating: up to 450 Gallons (light bioload) or 270 Gallons (heavy bioload)
- Footprint: 15.3" x 9.4"
- Height: 23.8"
- Chamber Diameter: 8"
- Recommended Water Level: 8-10"
- Pump: AquaMaxx SHARK 3000DC
- Pump Power Consumption: 23 Watts
- Outlet Size: 1 1/2" quick-precise adjustment valve
- Top Clearance Required: Approx. 1/2"
|Skimmer Type||In-Sump / Internal, Recirculating|
|Capacity||Light Bioload - Up to 450 Gallons
Medium Bioload - Up to 360 Gallons
Heavy Bioload - Up to 270 Gallons
|Dimensions||15.3"L x 9.4"W x 23.8"H|
|Rec. Water Level||8" - 10"|
|Output Size||1.5" (1-1/2 in.)|
|Pump Model||AquaMaxx SHARK 3000DC|
|Pump Rotor Type||Needlewheel|
|Power Consumption||23 Watts|
|Additional Notes||Requires approximately 1/2" top clearance to remove collection cup|
|Control Type||Digital DC Control (Controller Included)|