Filling a DI Cartridge is easy. The most important thing to remember is to tightly pack the DI resin into the cartridge. Loose DI will cause the water to channel through the DI, greatly reducing the effectiveness.
Available in Four Sizes:
- 2.5" x 10" Cartridge (Standard - most used cartridge size)
- 4.5" x 10" Cartridge
- 2.5" x 20" Cartridge
- 4.5" x 20" Cartridge
NOTE: 99% of customers purchase the 2.5" x 10" Cartridge (SKU 200002)
How to refill an empty DI Cartridge
- Unscrew the bottom cap from the DI cartridge and remove the foam ring.
- Pour in the DI resin and pack it down tightly as hard as you can. Tap on a counter to help settle the resin.
- At this point the resin should be tightly packed flush to the rim.
- Put the foam ring back inside the screw cap and screw the cap on.
- Place the newly filled cartridge into the RO canister and make sure the arrow on the side of the cartridge points up.
|SKU||Clear Refillable Cartridge for DI Resin|
These do not need to be cleaned in between uses and simply replacing the media is all that is needed.
1.25lb refill will change one cartridge. I have included a link to the I resin below.
10" seems a bit tall for my filter
Unfortunately we are not familiar with the exact size of a coralife unit. These will work with most standard filter cartridges which are 10" tall from bottom to the top of the threads. Feel free to let us know if you have any further questions!
If you want to use the loosefill vacuum sealed DI resin like ours then you would have to have a refillable DI cartridge (which is included on all of our RO/DI units). Some other manufacturers use sealed DI cartridges which can't be empty and necessitate the changing of the entire cartridge. If this is the case, just pick up a refillable cartridge and you are set.
These are just internal cartridges meant to go inside of the corresponding canister. The cartridges themselves don't hook up to tubing or have any fittings on them.
We use standard size cartridges which makes them interchangeable with any other standard size unit on the market including your unit and almost all others!