Bulk Deionization Resin (Color Changing) - Bulk Reef Supply
One Cartridge Refill (1.25 lbs.) DI Resin (Color Changing) - BRS
Earn 130 Reward Points Earn 65 Reward Points$13.99
1.5 gallons (7.5 lbs.) DI Resin Color Changing - BRS
Earn 610 Reward Points Earn 305 Reward Points$61.99
Why does BRS recommend this?
We recommend color changing resin for the fact that it will physically change colors as it gets exhausted. That allows you to monitor the consumption of the DI resin and know when to change it out. If you have a TDS meter we still recommend color changing resin as it will let you know when to monitor your TDS meter for when TDS starts creeping through the DI resin. When it comes to packaging not just any packaging will do, we package our DI resin in sealed Mylar bags for ultimate effectiveness and shelf life.
DI Resin is necessary to reduce Total Dissolved Solids (TDS) to zero and is the last stage of an RO/DI unit. Resin is sold in economical bulk bags as well as single use pouches. The resin is designed to be used with one of our refillable DI cartridges. This refillable design saves a small fortune over proprietary sealed cartridges.
Color Changing Mixed Bed DI Resin
- Changes Color from Blue to Brown as the media is exhausted.
- 1.5 Gallon - Fills 6 standard 10" refillable cartridges
- 1.25 lbs. - Fills 1 standard 10" refillable cartridge
- Packed in foil-lined 4mm Mylar bags to preserve quality (see Full Details for more info)
- 2 year shelf life (unopened)
BulkReefSupply.com takes pride in the proper packing of our DI Resin. DI resin begins depleting when exposed to air. To avoid this, we package all of our DI resin in foil-lined 4mm Mylar bags to prevent exposure to air that may deplete the resin while its waiting to be used. Our resin can remain packaged this way for 2 years without losing its capacity. Our bulk DI bags are perfect for reefers who process a lot of water or otherwise go through resin quickly. The bags are resealable via a featured zipper lock. Keep in mind this won't be as good as the original seal so we recommend them only for reefers who need a high volume of DI Resin. Otherwise, purchase the single refill packs for optimal freshness up to two years.
To get maximum life from your DI resin please takes the following steps
- Ensure optimal operation of your RO membrane. The higher your membranes rejection rate the fewer TDS your product water will contain resulting in longer lasting resin. The best way to keep the membrane rejection rate up is to monitor and change your prefilters appropriately as well as maintain at least 50psi going into the membrane.
- Ensure the resin is packed in the cartridge securely. The resin should be packed very tightly. When squeezed, there should be almost no flex to the cartridge.
- The initial couple minutes of water from your RO membrane will always be high, this is commonly referred to as TDS creep. Diverting the first few minutes of water down the drain can often greatly reduce DI resin consumption.
- Maintain low levels of carbon dioxide in your water supply. Excess carbon dioxide will deplete DI resin quickly. If you are depleting resin quickly and have already :addressed the two options above, excess carbon dioxide is the likely culprit. You have two choices:
- Collect the water coming from your RO system in a large container, add a powerhead or airstone and allow the CO2 to gas off. Then pump the water through your DI resin.
- Skip all that mess and just buy resin in bulk.
|Product Name||Bulk Deionization Resin (Color Changing) - Bulk Reef Supply|
|SKU||BRS Bulk Deionization Resin - Color Changing|