CarbonDoser Electronic CO2 Regulator with John Guest Fitting - Carbon Doser
Why Does BRS Recommend This?
This is the most reliable CO2 regulator on the market that we could find. Instead of traditional needle valves controlling the flow rate, the CarbonDoser® uses an electric solenoid that will open and close within a fraction of a second producing a single bubble. Since there is no needle valve, the CarbonDoser's® bubble rate will never change. You now have super precise control with unmatched reliability.
Electronic solenoid controls the bubble rate making it virtually impossible for it to ever change.
- Easy to Connect 1/4" John Guest Push-Connect Fitting
- Fully automatic
- Electric solenoid
- LED bubble indicator
- No needle valves
- Accurate to +/- 1/1000 of a second
- 3 year warranty
A good reliable CO2 Regulator and Solenoid is a vital part of any calcium reactor. Many traditional needle valve solenoids can change how much flow is let through over time with the ever changing pressure in the bottle. AquariumPlants solved that issue with the CarbonDoser's® Electric solenoid design. Once you set the CarbonDoser® it will not change. The electric solenoid will open and close within a fraction of a second producing a single bubble, and the flashing LED will blink every time a bubble is produced.
- Left Gauge (working pressure)
- Right Gauge (bottle pressure)
- Safety Relief Valve
- 1/4" John Guest PC Fitting
- Check Valve
- Electronic Solenoid/Regulator Assembly
- 10 ft CO2 Safe Tubing
- Power Supply
1. Attach and tighten to compressed tank.
2. Conduct a simple 'bleed down' test:
3. Please be sure the "perma-seal" (threaded brass piece with rubber O-ring) is installed either into the regulator or the cylinder. This is what creates the seal between the regulator and cylinder. You do not need Teflon tape on the threads here!
- Ensure regulator black knob is closed (counter clockwise all the way out) NOTE: If the co2 cylinder is opened while the knob is engaged, the high pressure could damage the low pressure gauge, or affect its accuracy and void the warranty.
- Open main valve on tank (very, very slowly)
- Note pressure on gauge
- Close valve
- Wait 5 minutes
- If successful, (no seepage) the previously noted pressure should NOT have bleed down reduced at all.
- If the pressure dropped: remove the regulator from tank AND REPEAT process.
4. Start out slowly when adjusting co2 (too much Co2 will kill your fish)
5. To really get used to the Regulator, we suggest you take a glass of water, and simply put the Co2 tubing in the water to get a feel for the bubble count, and the size of the bubbles. This small test will really give you an idea of the broad adjustability of the unit.
6. To adjust the bubble count, turn the dial from 0-10. It is adjustable from 4.66 bubbles per second all the way down to 1 bubble per 10 seconds.
7. To adjust the size of the bubble simply adjust the knob. Clockwise raises the pressure and therefore increases the size of the bubbles and counter-clockwise lowers the pressure and therefore decreases the size of the bubbles.
8. As previously stated, we strongly urge you to take your time and experiment with the unit before actually applying it your CO2 reactor or calcium reactor. Quite quickly, you will begin to see its incredible range of adjustability and accuracy.
Carbon Doser products are not eligible for the Preferred Reefer Reward Point program.
|Product Name||CarbonDoser Electronic CO2 Regulator with John Guest Fitting - Carbon Doser|