Bulk Reef Supply

Bulkhead Overflow Strainers

Grouped product items
1/2” Thread Bulkhead Strainer

SKU: 207106

In stock


- +
1/2” Slip Bulkhead Strainer

SKU: 207111

In stock


- +
3/4" Thread Bulkhead Strainer

SKU: 207107

In stock


- +
3/4" Slip Bulkhead Strainer

SKU: 207112

In stock


- +
1” Thread Bulkhead Strainer

SKU: 207108

In stock


- +
1" Slip Bulkhead Strainer

SKU: 207113

In stock


- +
1 1/2” Thread Bulkhead Strainer

SKU: 207109

In stock


- +
1 1/2" Slip Bulkhead Strainer - Lifegard

SKU: 209096

In stock


- +
2" Slip Bulkhead Strainer - Lifegard

SKU: 209097

In stock


- +
Prevents fish snails and other tank inhabitants from getting sucked into your plumbing, sump or pump and subsequent damage.

Slip Bulkhead Strainers:

  • ½” Slip Bulkhead Strainer

  • ¾" Slip Bulkhead Strainer

  • 1" Slip Bulkhead Strainer

    Thread Bulkhead Strainers:

  • ¾” Thread Bulkhead Strainer

  • ½” Thread Bulkhead Strainer

  • 1” Thread Bulkhead Strainer

  • 1½” Thread Bulkhead Strainer

  • 2” Thread Bulkhead Strainer

Write Your Own Review
You're reviewing:Bulkhead Overflow Strainers
Your Rating
Only registered users can write reviews. Please or

Product Questions

What type of threads are on the 3/4" Thread Bulkhead Strainer? Would a schedule 40 FIPT coupling work?
Question by: Rodney on Dec 4, 2021, 5:29 PM
The threads on the bulkhead strainers are NPT so they are a tapered thread meant to form a seal with just the threads. IPT is a straight thread that forms a seal with a gasket. They will thread together but getting a good seal between the threads may be problematic.
Answer by: William Glenn (BRS Staff) on Dec 14, 2021, 3:10 PM
I need a 3/4 threaded strainer. Can you tell me how long the strainer is though? I am drilling the back of my tank and am worried about the amount of space between my glass and weird. Thanks
Question by: Joe on Dec 4, 2017, 11:40 AM
Hi there,
The 3/4 strainer threaded strainer sticks out about 1 3/4" from the base of the threads. Another option if you are worried about clearance is the low profile strainer here:
If you have any other questions please let us know!
Answer by: William Glenn on Dec 5, 2017, 12:01 PM
My durso tube where I need to attach the strainer is a 1 1/4 PVC slip 90. I don't see a 1 1/4 strainer. Would the 1" slip fit in the 1 1/4 90?
Question by: Erich on Jun 4, 2016, 2:26 PM
Great question!
unfortunately we do not carry the 1.25" sized strainer currently. The 1" would be too small and simply fall into the elbow with out being secure. You can attempt to reduce the elbow with a bushing or other reducer to use 1" however.
Answer by: Connor on Jun 9, 2016, 1:51 PM
Need your help, I want to put strainer on my herbi overflow and I was looking at the low profile strainer, my main return is a 1 1/2 pvc drain, is there a was I can put in my drain or do I have to put a different make, please help Thanks.
Question by: Edward on Jan 27, 2016, 4:51 PM
Great question!
The over flow strainers are a spigot or street fitting meaning they are the same outside diameter as a piece of pipe. To attach to a bulkhead it can be placed directly in the bulkhead, to attach to a piece of pipe you will need a slip x slip coupler. Feel free to let us know if you have any further questions!
Answer by: Connor on Feb 4, 2016, 3:21 PM
I have a 2 inch bulkhead without threads, need a strainer, what do I need?
Question by: Rick on Jul 13, 2014, 5:17 AM
Hi Rick,
If you don't have threads in your bulkhead then you would want a slip trainer. Also, keep in mind that the sizes listed are nominal plumbing sizes, so a 2" strainer is for a 2" bulkhead, intended for 2" pipe, etc, but not a literal measurement of 2". Just make sure to double check the nominal size of the actual plumbing and it will fit just fine.
Answer by: Bulk Reef Supply on Jul 13, 2014, 5:17 AM