- Bulk Deionization Resin - Bulk Reef Supply
DI Resin is necessary to reduce Total Dissolved Solids (TDS) to zero and is the last stage of an RO/DI unit. It is not necessary to use the expensive proprietary DI cartridges that other RO manufacturers sell. Simply buy a refillable DI cartridge if you don't have one already and fill with DI resin. You'll save money and get the same results.
Nuclear Grade Mixed Bed DI Resin
- 1.5 Gallon - Fills 6 standard 10" refillable cartridges
- 1.25 lbs. - Fills 1 standard 10" refillable cartridge
- Vacuum packed in foil-lined 4mm Mylar bags to preserve quality (see Full Details for more info)
- 2 year shelf life (unopened)
BulkReefSupply.com takes pride in the proper packing of our DI Resin. DI resin begins depleting when exposed to air. To avoid this, we package all of our DI resin in foil-lined 4mm Mylar bags AND vacuum seal it so no air is left in the package to deplete the resin while its waiting to be used. Our resin can remain packaged this way for 2 years without losing its capacity. Our bulk DI bags are perfect for reefers who process a lot of water or otherwise go through resin quickly. The bags are resealable via a featured zipper lock. Keep in mind this won't be as good as the original seal so we recommend them only for reefers who need a high volume of DI Resin. Otherwise purchase the single refill packs for optimal freshness up to two years.
To get maximum life from your DI resin please takes the following steps
- Ensure optimal operation of your RO membrane. The higher your membranes rejection rate the fewer TDS your product water will contain resulting in longer lasting resin. The best way to keep the membrane rejection rate up is to monitor and change your prefilters appropriately as well as maintain at least 50psi going into the membrane.
- Ensure the resin is packed in the cartridge securely. The resin should be packed very tightly. When squeezed, there should be almost no flex to the cartridge.
- The initial couple minutes of water from your RO membrane will always be high, this is commonly referred to as TDS creep. Diverting the first few minutes of water down the drain can often greatly reduce DI resin consumption.
- Maintain low levels of carbon dioxide in your water supply. Excess carbon dioxide will deplete DI resin quickly. If you are depleting resin quickly and have already :addressed the two options above, excess carbon dioxide is the likely culprit. You have two choices:
- Collect the water coming from your RO system in a large container, add a powerhead or air stone and allow the CO2 to gas off. Then pump the water though your DI resin.
- Skip all that mess and just buy resin in bulk.
Great Product By Kevin on 3/7/2018Kevin would recommend this product to a friendI tend to go through DI resin faster than most due to being on a well with high TDS (240's). Brings my TDS readings down to zero. Last considerably longer than the color changing resin.
Gets TDS to 0 By Slob on 10/31/2017Slob would recommend this product to a friendWorks like it is supposed to
DI resin By Taco John on 10/11/2017Taco John would recommend this product to a friendI like this resin, in that it does what it needs to do. it makes my water into- "just water" no dissolved solids. I check the output regularly with a TDS meter. (also available for sale on this site) and I consistently get pure water until the resin is exhausted. This helps me keep a consistent tank and I have happy fish and corals. I get about one fill and one refill from the 1.25 lb bag on my AquaticLife DI canister. (I'm not sure if that's for sale on this site)
Great product By ReefHabit on 5/22/2017ReefHabit would recommend this product to a friendThis stuff is quite expensive but it ensures pristine water quality. If you seem to be going through alot of Di resin make sure to change out your carbon blocks otherwise you are wasting money on resin.
Love this DI Resin By Ou8me2 on 4/11/2017Ou8me2 would recommend this product to a friendI've tried many other DI resins and nothing compares to this type for me. I get the most out of this resin vs any other resins I have tried.
great works well By ladysaber on 3/25/2017ladysaber would recommend this product to a friendI switched over from the blue stuff to this for a savings. I actually use my tds to see when its time to change, not the color. Save some cash and use this.
Great By Jkor on 2/16/2017Jkor would recommend this product to a friendI use instead of the color changing as it lasts longer
Good product. By Les on 1/18/2017Les would recommend this product to a friendi seem to use more then i like.
The Best DI Resin I have used so far. By Douglas on 12/26/2016Douglas would recommend this product to a friendI was having issues with burning through pre-made DI cartridges from many different places. I was going through DI Cartridges every 2-4 weeks depending on how much I made. I bought this resin and it has lasted longer than any others I have purchased. I purchased this on 11/14/16 and as of 12/26/16 I am still getting 0 TDS water. I'm very happy with this purchase and it's much cheaper going this way vs buying pre-made cartridges.
Good By Jkor on 12/17/2016Jkor would recommend this product to a friendI use a lot of resin as I am on well water. This works great. I choose this over the color changing as it does last longer. I use the gauge on my filter to tell when to change my filters and resin.
I don't bother with the color indicating stuff By Dave G on 12/16/2016Dave G would recommend this product to a friendWhile it only saves a little bit, I don't find the color changing to be useful. Just monitor with your inline TDS meter to know when time to change.
I like ordering from BRS vs. at Local fish stores or other low volume places becuase you don't know how long it has been sitting and gets weeker as co2 penetrates the packaging.
Awesome By Randy on 4/20/2016Randy would recommend this product to a friendThe Di Resin, works great! Love this product!
Starting at: $6.49
Starting at: $7.99
Starting at: $6.99
In comparison to your color-changing resin, is it true the non-indicating last longer? If so, how much more? (all equality aside).
There is not a measurable difference from our end between the two types of resin. Feel free to let us know if you have any further questions!
Will this resin remove Silica?
DI resin will remove silica from the water. Feel free to let us know if you have any further questions!
Can these deionizers be used for potable water ?
Our DI products can be used on potable water. DI water is not used often for drinking water because many people do not care for the taste of the 0 TDS water.
If you have any other questions please let us know!