DI Resin is necessary to reduce Total Dissolved Solids (TDS) to zero and is the last stage of an RO/DI unit. It is not necessary to use the expensive proprietary DI cartridges that other RO manufacturers sell. Simply buy a refillable DI cartridge if you don't have one already and fill with DI resin. You'll save money and get the same results.
Nuclear Grade Mixed Bed DI Resin
- 1.5 Gallon - Fills 6 standard 10" refillable cartridges
- 1.25 lbs. - Fills 1 standard 10" refillable cartridge
- Packed in foil-lined 4mm Mylar bags to preserve quality (see Full Details for more info)
- 2 year shelf life (unopened)
BulkReefSupply.com takes pride in the proper packing of our DI Resin. DI resin begins depleting when exposed to air. To avoid this, we package all of our DI resin in foil-lined 4mm Mylar bags that prevent exposure to air that may deplete the resin while it's waiting to be used. Our resin can remain packaged this way for 2 years without losing its capacity. Our bulk DI bags are perfect for reefers who process a lot of water or otherwise go through resin quickly. The bags are resealable via a featured zipper lock. Keep in mind this won't be as good as the original seal so we recommend them only for reefers who need a high volume of DI Resin. Otherwise purchase the single refill packs for optimal freshness up to two years.
To get maximum life from your DI resin please takes the following steps
- Ensure optimal operation of your RO membrane. The higher your membranes rejection rate the fewer TDS your product water will contain resulting in longer lasting resin. The best way to keep the membrane rejection rate up is to monitor and change your prefilters appropriately as well as maintain at least 50psi going into the membrane.
- Ensure the resin is packed in the cartridge securely. The resin should be packed very tightly. When squeezed, there should be almost no flex to the cartridge.
- The initial couple minutes of water from your RO membrane will always be high, this is commonly referred to as TDS creep. Diverting the first few minutes of water down the drain can often greatly reduce DI resin consumption.
- Maintain low levels of carbon dioxide in your water supply. Excess carbon dioxide will deplete DI resin quickly. If you are depleting resin quickly and have already addressed the two options above, excess carbon dioxide is the likely culprit. You have two choices:
- Collect the water coming from your RO system in a large container, add a powerhead or air stone and allow the CO2 to gas off. Then pump the water though your DI resin.
- Skip all that mess and just buy resin in bulk.
|SKU||BRS Bulk Deionization Resin|
Our DI products can be used on potable water. DI water is not used often for drinking water because many people do not care for the taste of the 0 TDS water.
If you have any other questions please let us know!
There is not a measurable difference from our end between the two types of resin. Feel free to let us know if you have any further questions!
DI resin will remove silica from the water. Feel free to let us know if you have any further questions!