Bimini Sun Double Ended (HQI) Metal Halide Reflector - Hamilton (DISCONTINUED)
The Bimini Sun Reflector is an awesome low-profile metal halide reflector that is great for nano tanks.
Two Models Available
- 150W DE
- 250W DE
- Compact European design, super low profile Double Ended HQI tank mount reflector
- Durable German hammer tone, mirror finish, corrosion proof anodized aluminum reflector intensifies Metal Halide output - reduces 'hot spots'
- Perfect system for small nano aquariums that will not limit what you can keep in your tank
- Light visors direct light downward toward tank-prevents side light loss into room and shields bright light from eyes
- Mount to aquarium with adjustable brackets or hang above aquarium with optional adjustable cable system
- Available for use with 70 watt HQI, 100 watt HQI, 150 watt HQI or 250 watt HQI bulbs
- Fully assembled unit includes 10 ft lamp cord with 3 prong quick disconnect
- Optional suspension kit to hang Bimini above your tank sold separately
Note: Metal halide bulb and ballast not included. We recommend the LuxCore 250w Electronic Ballasts for the Bimini Sun Fixtures.
For use with double ended (HQI) metal halide lamps only.
Dimensions: 10.5"L x 11.5"W x 2.5"H
1x Bimini Sun Reflector
|Product Name||Bimini Sun Double Ended (HQI) Metal Halide Reflector - Hamilton (DISCONTINUED)|
|Out of stock message||DISCONTINUED|
|Lighting Type||Metal Halide|
The actual water depth is 18"; with the tank mounts, I think the Bimini Sun would sit about 6" - 8" above the water surface. I could always raise it, I guess.
What is your opinion on the best wattage for this tank? Would a 250w be too intense or too hot for this size tank (fairly cool climate here--only occasional hot days in dead of summer)? Or...is the 150w more than enough?
Thanks for your help,
We recommend the 150 watt over that size tank. This will keep less heat, enough light and better look. Feel free to let us know if you have any further questions.