- A200 DC Controllable Pump (4,400 GPH) Abyzz
Quality controllable DC pumps are hard to find, we did a bit of searching around and found Abyzz. A German company that is only using the best parts to make reliable, efficient controllable DC pumps. The easy to use driver boasts a full menu that has a LCD display allowing you to know the status of the pump, power usage, RPM, overall percentage of flow, temperature, and more. Abyzz pumps are fully controllable from 0-100% allowing you to set the flow exactly where you need it.
Max Flow - 4,400 GPH
Max Head - 28.6 feet
- Internal or External application
- Super silent operation
- Fully Controllable from 0-100% in 1% increments
- MCFS (Menu Controlled Flow Sequencer) for random, waves etc
- Integrated BoostMode
- Soft Start enabled
- Lockable cables and connections
- Rotating head
- Removable stand
- Enabled interface for peripheral devices
From titanium impeller shafts to the sinusoidal three-phase synchronous motor, the materials used in the Abyzz pumps have been carefully selected for harmonious compatibility and integration. Calcium deposits are easily the biggest avoidable issue with pumps used in saltwater aquariums. Abyzz has gone a step above the competition by including a pre-installed flush bearing, and silicon carbide bearings that will help protect against calcium deposits forming in the first place allowing a lifetime of operation.
One of the concerns when choosing a large pump should be power consumption and efficiency. Abyzz motors operate at an efficiency factor of over 90% making them the perfect energy saving solution. The driver and motor run off 12v allowing them to be used with an uncounted amount of applications. Each controller also has a 0-10v port for external control from aquarium controllers like the Neptune Apex system. Abyzz does make dedicated connections for different brands of aquariums controllers like GHL and Neptune that should be available very shortly.
- BOOSTMODE max flow: 4,400 gph
- Normal mode max flow: 3,750 gph
- Head height max: 28.6 ft
- Rated input: 4-200W
- Input voltage: 110v 60Hz
- Operating Voltage: 12V
- Ambient temperature: 35.5°F - 104°F
- Maximum operating pressure: 21.75 PSI
- Maximum immersion depth: 6.5 ft
- Pump cable length: 9.75 ft
- Inlet Size: 50mm / 2 in
- Outlet Size: 40mm / 1.5 in
- Internal or External application
- Dimensions: 13.5" x 10" x 5.75"
- Abyzz A200 pump
- 110V 60Hz driver
- Power cable: 5 ft
- Driver/Controller connecting cable: 6.5 ft
- Operating manual
- 10 year limited lifetime warranty
This product was developed and is manufactured in Germany by Venotec.
Phenomenal Pump By Ryan on 12/8/2017Ryan would recommend this product to a friendI feel ashamed to be this excited about a water pump but after nearly two decades of tanks this pump is unmatched. I'm shocked there aren't more reviews.
- Very quiet, VERY quiet, the after a couple days it get quieter which I didn't think was possible.
- Ultra low profile plumbing adapters included.
- Legitimately made with the idea of maximizing flow, minimizing noise, and minimizing maintenance. This is very obvious just reading the manual compared to others which is suggested so you don't undo the thoughtfulness they planned on. I'd suggest planning your plumbing around the pump and not the other way around.
- Highly tunable flow control which makes it easier to tune the pump then the overflow.
- Allows multiple pumps to be linked and alternate power creating widely alternating currents yet the changeover in power is precise enough to avoid water volume/overflow/siphon issues.
- Bottom line it moves alot of water if you let it and with noticeably less power consumption.
- 10yr warranty
The Mercedes of Pumps! By Jim C on 1/31/2017Jim C would recommend this product to a friendThe Abyzz pump is superior to any pump I have ever used to run my system. you have infinite control of flow with the 1% power increments. The pump runs silent and is powerful. It pumps from my basement sump 13 feet up to my tank above with a 3/4" line with ease. The only draw back is the price, but when I considered the cost of my coral and fish, and how close I've come in the past to total disaster due to failed return pumps, the peace of mind associated with this pump makes it worth the steep price.
Why Settle for anything less? By Ryan on 10/8/2016Ryan would recommend this product to a friendIf the cost of the pump is not prohibitive to your budget than this is the pump for you. It is truly noiseless. The amount of water flow that you get to electrical consumption seems to defy physics. A ten year warranty justify the price.
Best pump in the world By Gene on 6/18/2016Gene would recommend this product to a friendI didn't want to spend the money for this pump but the other DC pump I had only lasted a year because the inverter failed. I took the chance and found out the Abyzz is 10 times better than any pump I ever owned.
The pump is silent, not quiet but silent. There is a blinking light on it to let you know it's running.
I run the pump at 3/4 of the speed, it's quite powerful.
So I bought another one. I use two Abyzz 200's in the basement sump. If one should fail I have a second so as to not loose my reef system.
It's the difference between buying a Ford or a Mercedes.
It has been over two years since we started the BR ...
R2R FAQ: An in-depth Q&A session about the BRS160< ...
Starting at: $1.39
Starting at: $6.99
The Abyzz pumps can be powered using the Ice Cap Battery Backup which comes with different adapters.