Supply critical nitrogen and phosporus to your reef tank for optimal growth and coloration.
While we often think of keeping nitrate and phosphate down as the goal, in many modern reef aquariums we can run into a deficiency of these key nutrients. Due to the effectivess of mechanical, chemical, and biological filtration, it's easily possible to run an ultra-low-nutrient system (ULNS). If nutrient levels remain chronically undetectable this can begin to impact coral growth and coloration, as well as encourage undesirable organisms such as dinoflagellates to take over.
In order to help our tanks thrive, we may need to begin dosing a quality nitrogen and phosphorus supplement. Plus-NP provides the necessary compounds for bacteria, corals, and other inverts in a controlled dose that can be tailored to your reef aquarium's needs. A key difference between this product and many other sources of nitrate or phosphate is that the compounds in Plus-NP are are bound by an organic energy source, so nitrogen and phosphorus can be utilized by corals more efficiently than inorganic nutritional salt additives. This approach minimizes the loss of nutrients caused by denitrification and adsorption, prevents nutrient deficiency in the corals and restores growth.
- Highly concentrated phosphate and nitrogen solution to counteract nutrient limitations
- Designed specifically for reef aquariums that are very low in nutrients
- Suitable for an aquarium stocked with soft corals, LPS and SPS
- Easy-to-dose liquid solution
- Dose manually or with dosing pumps
How to use
- On first use, rotate the dispenser pump head counterclockwise until it pops out.
- Add 1 ml (1 pump-full) to every 100 l/26 US-gal. of aquarium system volume every day until the nutrient limitation in the corals has been rectified and the corals display a normal level of growth and coloration. Maximum dose: 1 ml per 100 l/26 US-gal. of aquarium system volume daily.
- 200 mL Tropic Marin Plus-NP