- Ushio Aqualite 14K Double End Bulb
Why does BRS recommend this?
Ushio makes one of the best 14k Halide bulbs on the market. We love the rich blue color they give off, while still producing great light for growth. When it comes to stand alone metal halide reflectors or fixtures we highly suggest the 14K Ushio Aqualite for a nice mix of color and growth.
Choose the right bulb for your tank. Ushio Aqualite 14K metal halides simulate water color at deeper depths with differing wavelengths spikes. Coral fluorescence will be excited in some species under the enhanced blue spectrum of the 14K lamps.
- Excellent color rendering up to 90 CRI
- Superior spectrum balance
- High color stability
- High intensity
- Requires electronic ballast or pulse start ballasts to function properly.
- LumenMax ballast is a great option.
Ushio Aqualite are German-made and come in both double end or single end. Various color spectrums enable you to find the right light for your tank. Ushio Aqualite lamps reduce the green light spectrum which can encourage the growth of "bad" algae on your corals.
- Ushio Aqualite 10,000 - simulates equatorial daylight at 5 meters of ocean depth.
- Ushio Aqualite 14,000 - higher blue tone - highlight your blue corals while maintaining color rendering for white rock and sand.
- Ushio Aqualite 20,000 - "blue lamp" - bulbs are blue in appearance and will help simulate a deeper ocean environment.
Very white /yellow By 14k? on 7/14/201614k? wouldn't recommend this product to a friendthe color is much more like typical 10k bulbs. no blue tint at all. takes some getting used to if you have been running a more typical 14k bulb. Corals like it though..
Different Results with 150w and 250w By amandeep on 3/16/2013amandeep wouldn't recommend this product to a friendI purchased two 150w bulbs for one of my tanks.. The color is very yellow and comparable to 10k bulbs I have used. I do NOT recommend this bulb for someone who is looking for the "14k look"
I also purchased one 250w bulb, which for some reason looks very balanced white, more of what i expected from the 14k bulb. I would buy the 250 watt bulb again in the future and would also recommend it.
Questionable lamp color temp By Aaron on 9/7/2011Aaron would recommend this product to a friendI have had mixed results with this lamp. It is too white for my taste. Looks closer to 10k than it does 14k. Some of my coral love it. I have a colony of Duncans go from two heads to nine heads in less than three months. However, Zoas seem to shrivel and my LPS and Softies don't extend like they should. Could be my tank, but I have had better all around results with other lamps.
There are no videos related to this product.