Turbelle Stream 6125 (3150 GPH) - Tunze
Why does BRS recommend this?
Tunze Stream pumps are some of the quietest pumps for the price. We have used these pumps in multiple tank builds and have never been disappointed. They are not necessarily the cheapest AC powered pumps on the market, however they are very quiet, can be pointed in any direction, and have one of the industry’s best warranty and customer service through Tunze USA.
German-made Tunze powerheads are the best high flow powerheads available. They are smaller and can be hidden in the aquarium easier than competing brands. Tunze pumps can be configured in a wide range of positions to target any area of the tank.
- For aquariums from 105 to 525 gallons
- Flow rate: 3,150 GPH
- Energy consumption: 22 W
- Voltage/frequency: 120v
- Cable length: 78.7”
- Diameter: 3.5”
- Output diameter 2.48”
- Included magnet holder for glass up to 0.6”
Tunze pumps are excellent high flow powerheads for a number of reasons
- They are the smallest pumps available and easy to hide.
- They rotate to a wide range of angles for targeted flow.
- They consume less power.
- Available accessories such as the Tunze Rock and Controllers make them even more user-friendly.
- Excellent warranty and customer service.
High flow is very important to maintaining a thriving healthy aquarium. Aquariums with poor flow can experience a number of easily avoidable health issue. Using high flow powerheads in your aquarium will:
- Significantly decrease the risk of algae outbreaks.
- Keep waste and particles suspended longer so skimmers and filters have a better chance of removing them.
- Prevent toxic pockets from forming in hard to reach areas.
- Keep debris from collecting on corals.
- Keep food suspended longer so you can add less food.
- Increase the chances of long term healthy tank success.
Quick Compare - Tunze Powerhead Pumps
|Energy Use||Diameter||Output Diameter||Controllable||Tank Size|
|Turbelle Nanostream 6015||475||3.5W||2.7"||1.5"/.59"||
|Turbelle Nanostream 6020||660||5W||2.7"||1.5"/.59"||
|Turbelle Nanostream 6025||740||5W||2.7"||1.5"/.59"||
|Turbelle Nanostream 6040||53-1190||5W||2.7"||1.5"/.59"||
|Turbelle Nanostream 6045||400-1175||5-7W||2.7"||1.5"/.59"||Adjustable||10-135 Gal|
|Turbelle Nanostream 6055||250-1450||4-18W||2.7"||1.5"/.59"||Yes||10-135 Gal|
|Turbelle Stream 6065||1700||12W||3.5"||1.96"||No||65-210 Gal|
|Turbelle Stream 6085||2100||14W||3.5"||1.96"||No||105-265 Gal|
|Turbelle Stream 6105||700-3400||35W||3.5"||2.48"||Yes||50-525 Gal|
|Turbelle Stream 6125||3150||22W||3.5"||2.48"||No||105-525 Gal|
|Turbelle Stream 6155||1050-3950||< 52W||3.5"||2.4"||Yes||up to 800 Gal|
|Turbelle Stream 6255||1300-4800||< 58W||3.5"||3"||Yes||up to 1100 Gal|
|Product Name||Turbelle Stream 6125 (3150 GPH) - Tunze|
|Power Cord Length||6 Feet|
The only Tunze pumps that are able to be controlled by an apex have a controller included with them. None of the AC pumps with fixed flow rates can be controlled by an Apex other than an On/Off cycle. Keep in mind this will significantly increase the wear and tear on the pump.
I hope this helps!