Turbelle Nanostream 6095 Controllable (528-2510 GPH)
Why does BRS recommend this?
Tunze Controllable pumps have been around for years and year with a great reputation. Tunze now includes a controller with all their controllable powerheads which greatly increases their value. The Turbelle pumps are very quiet, and for everything you get the price is hard to beat.
Wide-flow DC pump from German-made Tunze powerheads - one of the best high flow powerheads available.The design of the 6095 helps the propeller pull in more water and push out more water extremely efficiently. The wide-flow produces a much less directed flow pattern (2-3 Ft around) and reaches over 3 Ft at a slightly slower flow than the Tunze Turbelle 6055. Great for tanks 3 Ft or less in length.
Tunze pumps are excellent high flow powerheads for a number of reasons
- They are the smallest pumps available and easy to hide.
- They rotate to a wide range of angles for targeted flow.
- They consume less power.
- Available accessories such as the Tunze Rock and Controllers make them even more user-friendly.
- Excellent warranty and customer service.
High flow is very important to maintaining a thriving healthy aquarium. Aquariums with poor flow can experience a number of easily avoidable health issue. Using high flow powerheads in your aquarium will:
- Significantly decrease the risk of algae outbreaks.
- Keep waste and particles suspended longer so skimmers and filters have a better chance of removing them.
- Prevent toxic pockets from forming in hard to reach areas.
- Keep debris from collecting on corals.
- Keep food suspended longer so you can add less food.
- Increase the chances of long term healthy tank success.
- For aquariums from 26-264 gallons
- Controllable* flow rate: 528-2510 GPH
- Energy consumption: 5 to 21W
- Voltage / frequency: 100-240V / 50-60Hz
- Cable length: 3 meters
- Diameter: 2.7”
- Output diameter 1.96/.39”
- Holds up to: 1/2" thick glass (15mm)
Quick Compare - Tunze Powerhead Pumps
|Energy Use||Diameter||Output Diameter||Controllable||Tank Size
|Turbelle Nanostream 6015||475||3.5W||2.7"||1.5"/.59"||
|Turbelle Nanostream 6020||660||5W||2.7"||1.5"/.59"||
|Turbelle Nanostream 6025||740||5W||2.7"||1.5"/.59"||
|Turbelle Nanostream 6040||53-1190||5W||2.7"||1.5"/.59"||
|Turbelle Nanostream 6045||400-1175||5-7W||2.7"||1.5"/.59"||Adjustable||10-135 Gal|
|Turbelle Nanostream 6055||250-1450||4-18W||2.7"||1.5"/.59"||Yes||10-135 Gal|
|Turbelle Stream 6065||1700||12W||3.5"||1.96"||No||65-210 Gal|
|Turbelle Stream 6085||2100||14W||3.5"||1.96"||No||105-265 Gal|
|Turbelle Stream 6105||700-3400||35W||3.5"||2.48"||Yes||50-525 Gal|
|Turbelle Stream 6125||3150||22W||3.5"||2.48"||No||105-525 Gal|
|Turbelle Stream 6155||1050-3950||< 52W||3.5"||2.4"||Yes||up to 800 Gal|
|Turbelle Stream 6255||1300-4800||< 58W||3.5"||3"||Yes||up to 1100 Gal|
|Control Type||Digital DC Control (Controller Included)|
|Compatible with Controllers||Apex, GHL, 0-10V|
|Power Cord Length||9 Feet|
Yes, the magnet can be completely submerged. Just make sure it does not have any nicks in the plastic coating.
I have a 240 (8' long) tank. I have two Vortech MP40s on either end, but there isn't enough flow. I would like to add two pumps on the back wall. I tried another MP40 but it was too much flow - sand was blowing everywhere. I would also like to be able to point the flow. That's why I'm considering the Tunze. Do you have any recommendations on which Tunze to get? It's a mixed reef.
The apex VDM moldule (and the VDM to tunze cable) is exactly what you would need for a controllable tunze pump like the 6095. When it comes to the differences is name, the nano streams are smaller pumps (youll see the smaller, lower flow pumps are labeled turbelle "nano"stream) and the others are " turbelle stream" pumps.
The tunze is a great pump and if you want something that has a fairly dispersed flow like the vortechs, but you can point in the direction you want, the 6095 is the route to go.