Turbelle Nanostream 6055 Controllable (250-1450 GPH)
Why does BRS recommend this?
Tunze Controllable pumps have been around for years and year with a great reputation. Tunze now includes a controller with all their controllable powerheads which greatly increases their value. The Turbelle pumps are very quiet, and for everything you get the price is hard to beat.
German-made Tunze powerheads are one of the best high flow powerheads available. They are smaller and can be hidden in the aquarium easier than competing brands. Fast moving output stream about 18" around with a reach over 4 Ft. Tunze pumps can be configured in a wide range of positions to target any area of the tank.
- For aquariums from 10-135 gallons
- Controllable* flow rate: 250-1450 GPH
- Energy consumption: 4 to 18W
- Voltage/frequency: 120VAC
- Cable length: 3 meters
- Diameter: 2.7”
- Output diameter 1.5/.59”
- Max. Glass Thickness: 1/2" (15mm)
Tunze pumps are excellent high flow powerheads for a number of reasons
- They are the smallest pumps available and easy to hide.
- They rotate to a wide range of angles for targeted flow.
- They consume less power.
- Available accessories such as the Tunze Rock and Controllers make them even more user-friendly.
- Excellent warranty and customer service.
High flow is very important to maintaining a thriving healthy aquarium. Aquariums with poor flow can experience a number of easily avoidable health issue. Using high flow powerheads in your aquarium will:
- Significantly decrease the risk of algae outbreaks.
- Keep waste and particles suspended longer so skimmers and filters have a better chance of removing them.
- Prevent toxic pockets from forming in hard to reach areas.
- Keep debris from collecting on corals.
- Keep food suspended longer so you can add less food.
- Increase the chances of long term healthy tank success.
Quick Compare - Tunze Powerhead Pumps
|Energy Use||Diameter||Output Diameter||Controllable||Tank Size
|Turbelle Nanostream 6015||475||3.5W||2.7"||1.5"/.59"||
|Turbelle Nanostream 6020||660||5W||2.7"||1.5"/.59"||
|Turbelle Nanostream 6025||740||5W||2.7"||1.5"/.59"||
|Turbelle Nanostream 6040||53-1190||5W||2.7"||1.5"/.59"||
|Turbelle Nanostream 6045||400-1175||5-7W||2.7"||1.5"/.59"||Adjustable||10-135 Gal|
|Turbelle Nanostream 6055||250-1450||4-18W||2.7"||1.5"/.59"||Yes||10-135 Gal|
|Turbelle Stream 6065||1700||12W||3.5"||1.96"||No||65-210 Gal|
|Turbelle Stream 6085||2100||14W||3.5"||1.96"||No||105-265 Gal|
|Turbelle Stream 6105||700-3400||35W||3.5"||2.48"||Yes||50-525 Gal|
|Turbelle Stream 6125||3150||22W||3.5"||2.48"||No||105-525 Gal|
|Turbelle Stream 6155||1050-3950||< 52W||3.5"||2.4"||Yes||up to 800 Gal|
|Turbelle Stream 6255||1300-4800||< 58W||3.5"||3"||Yes||up to 1100 Gal|
|Compatible with Controllers||Apex, GHL, 0-10V|
|Power Cord Length||9 Feet|
Thank you for reaching out to us. This does not come with a guard.
Please let me know if you need anything further and take care!
Why does it feel as though these pumps reach 100% output when they're set to about 60% and above? Am I doing something wrong?
Pump 1 on/Pump 2 off
Pump 2 on/Pump 1 off
You can control both with the Apex tunze cable which can control up to 2 pumps. Programming can be set to alternate the pumps. Feel free to let us know if you have any further questions!
Login and Registration Form