Sulfaplex Bacterial & Fungal Fish Treatment
SulfaPlex is an effective and safe treatment for a wide range of bacterial, fungal and protozoan infestations in the aquarium. As it is among the gentler antibiotics, it's a great treatment option for fish that are already stressed. It is also easily removed with carbon and does not impair nitrification. When used in a medicated food mix, it is a safer and prefereable option for treating bacterial infections in tanks that contain sensitive invertebrates.
- Sulfathiazole-based medication
- Easily absorbed through the gills
- Broad Spectrum: treats bacterial, fungal and protazoan diseases
- Easily absorbed through both skin and gills; ingestion not required
While disease treatment in a quarantine tank is always the preferred option, sometimes it may not be practical to catch a fish for treatment. Sulfaplex can be safely dosed in the display aquarium if necessary. Always observe tank inhabitants carefully when treating, and be prepared to perform a water change and add fresh activated carbon if necessary. When the treatment period is over, Sulfaplex can easily be removed using activated filter carbon. It does not linger in the substrate or filter media of the tank.
- Sulfathiozole (69%)
Dosing in Water
- Remove all invertebrates - these are extremely sensitive to medication.
- Turn off UV filters, ozone filters, and remove chemical filtration media.
- Use 2-3 measures (included) per every 40 L (10 gallons).
- Repeat this dose every 72 hours for a maximum of 3 weeks.
Dosing in Food
SulfaPlex is most effective when used in the water, but it can also be added to the food. Feed the medicated food mix (recipe below) every day until the infection clears, or up to 3 weeks.
- 1 scoop SulfaPlex
- 1 scoop Focus
- 1 tbsp food (preferably pellets or frozen food)
- A few drops of water if using a dry food
Tip: To enhance palatability use with GarlicGuard or Entice.
|SKU||Sulfaplex Bacterial & Fungal Fish Treatment - Seachem|
Login and Registration Form