- Skimz Octa SC145i Internal Protein Skimmer (DISCONTINUED)
Skimz Octa SC145I skimmers come fitted with a Messner ASP1500 Needlewheel pump, which features German engineering for ultimate efficiency in production and performance. The space saving design with the pump integrated within the body of the skimmer allows for flexibility of positioning within the sump, or for sumps with minimal space available.
Rated for tanks up 150 gallons (600 Liters)
Operating Depth: 7 to 9.5 inches
BRS Recommended for tanks up to:
- Heavy Bioload (Most Common) - 60 gallons
- Medium Bioload - 120 gallons
- Light Bioload - 150 gallons
- Integrated Messner Pump saves space
- Bubble Plate Design - reduces turbulence
- Maximum air flow capacity in compact design
- Micro-adjustable valve for precise water level control
- Twist-lock neck for easy collection cup removal
- Quality construction - CNC machined parts
- Internal application - no feed pump required
- Operating Depth - 7" to 9.5"
- Foot Print - 8.3" x 8.3" (210mm x 210mm)
- Total Height - 19.75" (500mm)
- Cup Diameter - 5.5" (140mm)
- Pump - Messner ASP1500
- Air Intake - 360 L/H
- Power Consumption - 16w @ 120v AC
1x SC145I Skimmer Body and Collection Cup
1x Messner ASP1500 Needlewheel Pump
1x Air Silencer
1x Level Control Valve
1x Level Control Knob
- Warranty for Original Purchaser against defective material and workmanship that occurs during normal use.
- 2 Year Warranty on skimmer body
- 1 Year Warranty on pump
Pump problems By Jake on 3/7/2018Jake would recommend this product to a friendThe skimmer is built well and works very good but the pump shuts down every few hours for a few minutes and then starts backup I can't figure out why it does this
decent skimmer for its size By rentedpepper on 9/10/2016rentedpepper would recommend this product to a friendive had this skimmer for a while now. i bought it right when brs started selling it. its one of the few that would actually fit in my sump. the first one i got had a bad pump. it would shut down for a min or 2 every hour or so. brs was quick to send me a brand new one. (great customer service!) it has worked well ever since. i have a 60 gallon tank with a med/high bio-load and it pulls a good amount of crud out. way better than my old sro sss1000. the water level adjustment is very crappy tho. i cant blame them for a bad pump but the design of the gate valve for the water level is terribly cheap. but once its dialed in it works great. every other part is build solid
Would the Skimz Octa SC165i or the Skimz SN143-QP be a better option for a Red Sea Reefer 250 with mostly soft corals and medium bioload?
Honestly, the SC165i is going to be far too large for the tank you'd like to run. The larger diameter of the skimmer neck would make it less efficient for that size of tank. :-)
I have not seen reviews on this model of the Skimz line. How is the performance on the Messner pumps? Are they silent?
These are a newer line of skimmer which have not been on the market for a long period of time. As for performance in our initial tests the pumps are fairly quiet with the only noise of course coming from the Air intake. With the silencer attached and a closed stand you will not be able to hear the skimmer running. For performance they are rated well for the appropriate sized bio load. Feel free to let us know if you have any further questions!