- Integrated cylindrical and cone shape chambers help reduce bubble bursting and surface agitation
- Bubble Plate Design - reduces turbulence
- Maximum air flow capacity in compact design
- Micro-adjustable valve for precise water level control
- Twist-lock neck for easy collection cup removal
- Quality construction - CNC machined parts and Georg Fischer fittings
- Requires feed pump of 925 GPH (3500 LPH)
- 3/4" barbed feed input
- 63mm metric PVC output*
*Metric to US plumbing adapters sold separately.
- Body Diameter: 11.81" (300mm)
- Foot Print: 15.39” x 21.26” (391mm x 540mm)
- Total Height: 25.39” (645mm)
- Cup Diameter: 302mm
(3) ES5000 Needlewheel Pump Features:
- Skimz worked with an Italian pump manufacturer, using advanced material for the needlewheel impeller, seamless-coated rare earth magnet for durability and high performance.
- Air Draw: 761 GPH (2880 LPH)
- Power Consumption: 60 Watts
- Warranty for Original Purchaser against defective material and workmanship that occurs during normal use.
- 2 Year Warranty on skimmer body
- 1 Year Warranty on pump
Great performance but frequent power head replacement By fuzz on 4/23/2017fuzz wouldn't recommend this product to a friendI have both this one and the slightly smaller one on my two 500g. They have been both running for 3 years. There are a total of 5 Skimz es5000 powerheads on them. I have now replaced a total of 6. These skimmers work great but the cost of replacing the powerheads because the impeller (a 20 part that costs over $100) ends up coming apart and then tearing up the inside of the magnet department. Skimz has changed the impeller design at least twice but it doesn't seem to help. Lastly the pumps are always on back order because of course, I need another one.
Efficient Skimmer for Big Tanks By Dan on 6/20/2014Dan would recommend this product to a friendI have been running the Skimz 302 for about two years now on my 650 Gallon reef aquarium. This skimmer is very efficient and will reduce the level of organic matter in even a highly stocked aquarium. Although the skimmer looked complex to begin with, the installation was surprisingly simple. The skimmer allows for very precise adjustment of the bubble size and flow. The only challenges I ran into was integrating the US PVC sizes into the included european sizes. Also, the skimmer o-rings benefit from occasional plumbers grease to ensure a good seal over time.