- Skimz Leopard SL253 DC Internal Protein Skimmer (DISCONTINUED)
The Skimz Leopard SL253 DC Internal Protein Skimmer gives you high performance skimming at a great value. Adjustable DC VSC9.0 pump is housed outside the skimmer body.
Rated for tanks up 793 gallons (3000 Liters)
BRS Recommended for tanks up to:
- Heavy Bioload (Most Common) - 280 gallons
- Medium Bioload - 360 gallons
- Light Bioload - 480 gallons
- Air intake: 317-634 GPH (1200-2400 LPH)
- Operating Depth: 7" to 9.5"
- Low power consumption and high performance
- Skimmer draws water directly from sump
- Skimz VSC9.0-DC Pump with 6 speeds and feed mode shut off
- Integrated cylindrical and cone shape with inverted cone volute
- Inverted cone helps incoming water and bubbles to the sides of the skimmer allowing water to descend down the inverted cone and out the skimmer
- Internal application - no feed pump required
- Base Diameter: 9.84" (250mm)
- Foot Print: 11.5” x 17.72” (292mm x 450mm)
- Total Height: 23.03” (585mm)
- Cup Diameter: 251 mm
VSC9.0-DC Pump Features:
- Six RPM presets
- Feed mode with shut off timer
- Air Draw: 317-634 GPH (1200-2400 LPH)
- Power Consumption: 25-69 Watts
- Warranty for Original Purchaser against defective material and workmanship that occurs during normal use.
- 2 Year Warranty on skimmer body
- 1 Year Warranty on pump
What is the recommended water depth for this skimmer?
What protein skimmer is best for a 150gal tank
How much room do you have in your sump for your skimmer? That will likely make the biggest difference :)