- Skimz Kone SK222 External Protein Skimmer (DISCONTINUED)
The Skimz KONE SK222 External Protein Skimmer gives you high performance skimming at a great value boasting cleaned, nearly bubble-free water to exit the base of the skimmer.
- Rated for tanks 211 - 528 gallons (800-2000 Liters)
- Air intake: 254 GPH (960 LPH), making it capable of handling a higher water throughput.
- Operating Depth: 7" to 9.5"
- Low power consumption and high performance
- Features a Skimz ES5000 Needlewheel Pump
- Skimmer requires an additional feed pump of 528 GPH
BRS Recommended for tanks up to:
- Heavy Bioload (Most Common) - 190 gallons
- Medium Bioload - 240 gallons
- Light Bioload - 320 gallons
- Cone shape body helps push bubbles up, reduces bubble bursting and surface agitation
- Bubble Plate Design - reduces turbulence
- Maximum air flow capacity in compact design
- Micro-adjustable valve for precise water level control
- Twist-lock neck for easy collection cup removal
- Quality construction - CNC machined parts and Georg Fischer fittings
- Requires feed pump of 528 GPH (2000 LPH)
- 3/4" barbed feed input
- 50mm metric PVC output*
*Metric to US plumbing adapters sold separately.
- Base Diameter: 8.66" (220mm)
- Foot Print: 11.06” x 12.99” (281mm x 330mm)
- Total Height: 25.98” (660mm)
- Cup diameter: 200mm
ES5000 Needlewheel Pump Features:
- Skimz worked with an Italian pump manufacturer, using advanced material for the needlewheel impeller, seamless-coated rare earth magnet for durability and high performance.
- Air Draw: 254 GPH (960 LPH)
- Power Consumption: 20 Watts
- Warranty for Original Purchaser against defective material and workmanship that occurs during normal use.
- 2 Year Warranty on skimmer body
- 1 Year Warranty on pump
BEST EVER !!! By TOC on 7/22/2017TOC would recommend this product to a friendYes, there was a metric outlet, and for a couple bucks I bought an adapter - not a big deal at all.
I've been running this pump for a year now and it is by far the best skimmer I've ever owned in 25 years of running salt water aquariums. Let it break in for a couple days, and man does it pull stuff out.
This skimmer sturdy, the pump is quiet, and over all of high quality.
I highly recommend this product!
broke in shipping By dalbert on 4/13/2017dalbert wouldn't recommend this product to a friendpart still not in stock emailed company they blow me off so i set with a 600 dollar skimmer i cant use dont get mixed up with this company
pain in the neck By dalbert on 3/16/2017dalbert wouldn't recommend this product to a friendi forgot the pluming is mectric so u.s. pipe doesnt work they dont send you the adaptor or say anything about it it been a night mare i hope after all this grife it does what its said to do
Does sump water level height matter on the recirculating skimmers??? My sump water level is pretty high (15") and if I have to put this on a stand I won't have the clearance. Thanks for the assist.
Unfortunately the water inside of the skimmer will equalize with the water in the sump. This skimmer would need to be placed on a stand otherwise the water will simply raise above the outflow tube on the skimmer and cause the skimmer to continuously overflow. Feel free to let us know if you have any further questions.