CPR Aquatics

Return Jet

Grouped product items
Return Jet for 1/2” to 3/4” Tube

SKU: 203300

In stock


- +
Return Jet for 3/4” to 1” Tube

SKU: 203301

In stock


- +

The CPR Return jet offers a fast and convenient solution for plumbing return lines up and over the rim of the aquarium. This is a great option when drilling the glass for a bulkhead is not practical or possible. The U-shape of the return jet allows the assembly to simply hang right on the rim with no special plumbing required. Just pick the Return Jet sized for the flexible hose you are using from your return pump, and attached to the molded barb, and you're set! The return side will sit below the water surface to avoid excess turbulence and splashing, and a custom ball and socket connection on the return nozzle allows you to adjust the direction of flow to wherever you would like in your aquarium.


We do recommend the use of some plastic ratchet clamps or other clamping solution to ensure a secure fit on the barbs. Return Jets are available in two sizes for either 1/2" to 3/4" ID hose, or 3/4" to 1" ID flexible hose.


Note: Hose not included. CPR Return Jets use a custom ball and socket connection to allow the flow to be angled anywhere in the tank. This socket is not designed to work with other ball and socket style connectors.

More Information
PVC Connection Type Barbed
Write Your Own Review
You're reviewing:Return Jet
Your Rating
Only registered users can write reviews. Please or

Product Questions

Can this be fitted with a random flow generator?
Question by: Connor on Oct 22, 2019, 10:52 AM
Unfortunately not, they are not the same dimensions as a loc line fitting.

Take care
Answer by: Thomas Billington on Oct 22, 2019, 4:30 PM
Hi, I've got a tough question for you. You guys are good but if you know this one, I'll be really impressed. What's the maximum flow rate that can pass through one of these (large) returns? I've got a 1,000 gph pump but I think its being restricted. I'm going to get a 2nd one and split the return, but I'm curious what the max is..
Question by: Jim Kruppa on Jun 4, 2017, 6:26 PM
Hi Jim,
This can be a bit of a complex question because this depends upon a number of factors including input pressue and acceptable pressure loss and velocity. Ultimately for most practical applications and regular hobby pump pressures, the most you are going to get through a 1/2" ID pipe such as the return jet would be about 400-500gph. For a 3/4" line you may get that up to a bit under 700gph. Bottom line, for those returns you are almost definitely being flow limited by the ID and losing flow capacity from your pump.

Hope this helps!
Answer by: Zack on Jun 9, 2017, 3:44 PM
I curious about the dimensions of the 3/4" to 1" return jet. What is length of the drop to the ball joint on the outlet side and how big is the gap between the pipes? I want to use this for a return from my sump and want to make sure it'll fit where I plan to use it.
Question by: James Sykora on Dec 29, 2016, 10:10 PM
Hey there,
The gap in the "U" of the return jet is just shy of 2 1/4", so anything under this should be fine. The ball joint starts at about 2.5", and the actual outlet starts at about 3.5" from the inside bend. Hope this helps!
Answer by: Zack on Jan 10, 2017, 2:20 PM
Will these work 5/8" hose?
Question by: Jacob Martinez on Mar 18, 2016, 10:12 PM
Great question!
This return jet in the 1/2" to 3/4" size will work with your 5/8" tubing. We recommend a zip tie or hose clamp to hold the tubing. Feel free to let us know if you have any further questions!
Answer by: Connor on Mar 21, 2016, 10:56 AM
will 1?2" Mur-lok Polyethylene RO Tubing fit on this return?
Question by: Raul on Apr 9, 2014, 7:31 AM
Hi Raul,
Unfortunately this would not connect directly to the return jet. You would need additional plumbing fittings in order to do that.
Answer by: Bulk Reef Supply on Apr 9, 2014, 7:31 AM
Are these compatible with 1/2" loc line?
Question by: Djplus1 on Mar 29, 2014, 12:59 PM
Hi there,
While similar in concept they are not interchangeable. Loc-line is a brand name with its own standard that isn't interchangeable with other similar looking fittings.
Answer by: Bulk Reef Supply on Mar 29, 2014, 12:59 PM