- Phosphate High Range Colorimeter HI717 Hanna Checker - Fresh & Marine Water
- Easier to use and more accurate than chemical test kits
- Large, easy to read digits
- Auto shut-off
- Dedicated to a single parameter
- Designed to work with HANNA's reagents
- Uses 10 mL glass cuvettes
- Small Size, Big Convenience
- Fits in the palm of your hand
- Range: 0.0 to 30.0 ppm (mg/L)
- Resolution:.01 ppm (mg/L)
- Accuracy: ±1 ppm (mg/L) ±5% of reading at 25°C
- Light Source: LED @ 525 nm
- Light Detector: Silicon photocell
- Environment: 0 to 50°C (32 to 122°F); RH max 95% non-condensing
- Battery Type: (1) 1.5V AAA
- Auto-off: After 2 minutes of non-use and 10 seconds after reading
- Dimensions: 81.5 x 61 x 37.5 mm (3.2 x 2.4 x 1.5")
- Weight: 64 g (2.25 oz.)
- Method:Adaptation of the Standard Methods for the Examination of Water and Wastewater, 18th edition, Amino Acid method
Not really meant for most aquarist By Nate on 7/2/2018Nate wouldn't recommend this product to a friendThis is a high range checker, this will probably not be applicable in 99% of aquariums because it has an accuracy of 1ppm which is a high level already in an aquarium. This would be more of a check if you were dealing with severe phosphate problems. The low star rating is for the fact that BRS even stocks this checker not in the function of the meter
WORKS AS ADVERTISED By JP on 12/1/2016JP would recommend this product to a friendJUST READ THE INSTRUCTIONS AND THINK AHEAD BEFORE RUNNING THE TEST. LIKE FOLDING THE PACKET OR USING A SMALL FUNNEL. IF YOU CAN'T FIND A TINY FUNNEL TRY THE OLD MASSON JAR SECTION AT THE SORE. THEY MAKE A SMALL ONE. EXCELLENT PRODUCT!!
Used about a year now By Aja on 2/27/2016Aja would recommend this product to a friendEasy to use, cut 2 sides of packet and make a fold to accurately pour contents. Takes a little longer to dissolve. Keep button pressed to initiate 3 minute countdown. Gives you time to do the alkalinity!
Great product, little tricky system, but quick once perfected. By Alex on 1/25/2015Alex would recommend this product to a friendOk, so hear me out..... This is one of the best saltwater products I've purchased.
The reason why most DO NOT like it is its packaged powder for changing the color of the sample for testing. The system automatically shut off after 2-3 minutes, so to do it right, you must shake the package and cut open two of the four sides and open it..... So when the solution is ready, you just pour in and shake..... That's it!!!
Didn't work when received By JOhn on 12/13/2014JOhn wouldn't recommend this product to a friendthe test did not work as the instructions said. In fact it was hard to even get the tester to turn on. I have returned the malfunctioning tester. I am waiting for a replacement.
Special Price: $10.20
Special Price: $10.20
Special Price: $6.80
Starting at: $35.99
How do I know which phosphate checker I need low or high range? I have a 125 reef tank
The low range Hanna Checker has a maximum of 2.50 ppm Phosphate reading which is more than enough for a reef tank. I would only recommend the High range Checker for fish only systems where maintaining very low Phosphate levels is not as big of a concern.
I hope this helps!
Have a great day :)
I just received my checker and did a test. It came out as 1.1, but there is no chart telling the good or the bad of readings. Assuming 0.00 is the goal then is 1.1 higher or very high?
With that said, 1.1ppm is pretty high for an aquarium and you would want to start working on bringing that level down to 0.4 or lower. We typically recommend a more robust water change schedule and less quantity feedings as well as running some GFO to remove phosphates. :-)