- Ozotech Poseidon 220 Kit
Everything you need to get started with ozone. (updated pictures coming soon to reflect Black Edition Ozone Generator)
The Ozotech Poseidon 220 Kit Includes:
- Ozotech Poseidon 220 - Black Edition - Ozone Generator
- Milwaukee ORP Controller MC510
- Ozotech Ozone Air Dryer
Bulk Reef Supply considers Ozotech to be the leading brand of ozone products available to the aquarium industry for a number of reasons:
- Ozotech only does ozone and they do it well. Their products are not a sub line of an aquarium company whose specialty isn't ozone.
- The Corona Discharge unit is replaceable by the aquarium hobbyist in just a few minutes, where other brands require the user to buy a new unit when the corona discharge wears out.
- 1 year warranty
- Ozotech has fantastic customer service. Troubleshooting and customer service phone calls and emails are answered promptly.
Using Ozone will have the following benefits in the aquarium:
- Healthier corals and increased polyp extension due to the oxidation and breakdown of corals defensive toxins
- Consistently clear water and proper light penetration due to the oxidation and breakdown of color pigments.
- Increased skimmer efficiency due to ozone causing waste particle to attract each other creating larger easier to filter particles.
- Oxidation and breakdown of fish waste and uneaten food.
Ozotech Poseidon specs and benefits:
- 1 year WARRANTY
- Patented Cold Spark Corona Discharge
- 12 VDC, 800mn ( AC/DC adaptor is included)
- Rugged Aluminum Enclosure
- Dimensions 14.25" x H 2.5" x L 7.5"
- Stainless Steel C/D Manifolds
- Factory Tested and Calibrated
- Medium Frequency, Solid State Electronics
- Wall Mountable
- Corrosion Resistant
- Unlike UV ozone generators, the output does not degrade overtime
- High output gas concentration for enhanced solubility
- Simple and reliable operation
- Easy to service, virtually maintenance free
- True 220 mg/hr generator at usable airflow rates
Safety Note We strongly recommend using ozone in conjunction with an ORP controller to ensure it is used safely. It is extremely important to use carbon on both the air and water output of the reactor or protein skimmer. Ozone is not healthy to breathe in large quantities so if you can smell it in your home at all please change the carbon.
Great kit with everything you need By David on 3/1/2012David would recommend this product to a friendThats a great kit containing all the pieces you need to be successfully with you're ozone treatment. I combined with the reef octopus ozone reactor and works great!
All together makes a best quality choice for a good price.
I'm very satisfied with the results.
Outstanding value! By Scott on 8/30/2010Scott would recommend this product to a friendThese ozone generators are the best units made for aquarium applications! High output (variable), very reliable, and very well built. Compared to the other package type units out there, this is hands down the best value. You get the high output ozonizer, air dryer unit, and a quality controller with probe. With the seperate components you can service and replace most everything cheaply and in your own home. Similar all in one units are absolutely not service freindly, and if one part goes bad (ozoner/controller) the entire unit needs to be sent out for repair or replaced $$. Thanks for another great deal BRS.
What is ozone? What does it do? What won't it do? ...
Today on BRStv we are going to discuss ozone. W ...
No related items recommended for this product.
This will not include the Check valve however the standard 3/16" check valve can be purchased. As for MM tubing these will actually come with 3/16" inside diameter and not exactly mm. Feel free to let us know if you have any further questions!
This can be installed in the air line of the skimmer to draw in. The generator will need to be hooked up to a skimmer or pump which can draw air in.
The actual Ozone Generator will be almost silent, as it uses a cold spark corona discharge to create the ozone which is a pretty quiet process. You will need an air pump, or something to move the air through the generator and that is the piece of equipment will usually be what makes any noise.
If your using it with a skimmer in the vast majority of cases the pull from the skimmer pump will be more then sufficient.