- Ultra Balling Light Carbonate Mix - Fauna Marin
- Carbonat Mix (Alkalinity) is part of the Balling Light system from Fauna Marin
- Also available: Ultra Balling Calcium Mix
1st 5 L Container
1. Dissolve 2 kg of calcium chloride dihydrate in 4 liters of RO water and then fill the container with RO water.
2. NOTE: Always add the salt to the water - never vice versa!
3. Then add 25 mL Balling Light 1 - Color & Grow Elements and 25 mL Balling Light Trace 2 - Metabolic Elements to the container.
2nd 5 L Container
1. Dissolve 2 kg of magnesium chloride hexahydrate in 4 liters of RO water and then fill the container with RO water.
2. This new method does not require magnesium sulfate as it would accumulate in the water. Nothing else is added to this canister
3rd 5 L Container:
1. Dissolve 500 g of Carbonate Mix in 4 liters of RO water and then fill the container with RO water.
2. Then add 25 mL Balling Light Trace 3 0 Health Elements to the container.
Then follow Manufacturer's Instructions for dosing.
My favorite line of products By KC on 8/7/2016KC wouldn't recommend this product to a friendThe Fauna Marin line of products is produced in Germany and it is simply one of the best for CA/Alk/Mag additions. I also use the KZ line of additives for my SPS dominated tank. I would recommend Fauna Marin to anyone -- also try the fish food, even my mandarins are crazy for it!
dissolve issues By Johnseye on 9/6/2015Johnseye wouldn't recommend this product to a friendAs another reviewer posted the recommended 500g to 4l does not dissolve all the salts by a long shot. I ended up doubling the water amount to 8l but will try adding a liter at a time for my next batch. I suspect it will dissolve with slight sediment remaining at 5 or 6 liters of water.
Perfect for a doser pump By Josh A. on 3/20/2015Josh A. would recommend this product to a friendEver since I switched to this brand I have seen a coral (SPS) explosion in growth and color. I do use the whole system with additives as recommended. Have not had to adjust dosing between batches, just increases due to coral growth
I recommend By Ghis on 12/22/2014Ghis would recommend this product to a friendThis product si very good
Great Stable product By Josh on 8/22/2014Josh would recommend this product to a friendHave been buying for years and this is designed to be used with a dosing system and with the same brand additives. It says right in the instructions that the whole product will not dissolve and this is normal. The mixes have been consistent with little adjustment needed when mixing a new batch.
is it salt or sand By led on 4/8/2014led wouldn't recommend this product to a friendno matter what I tried this will not dissolve in r/o water. total waste of money, I threw the rest in garbage.
Starting at: $11.99
Starting at: $15.99
Starting at: $11.99
Starting at: $11.59