- Saltwater Multi Reference Solution - Fauna Marin
The only reference solution based on a saltwater matrix that includes 8 of the most popular parameters for saltwater aquariums in a single solution. Fauna Marin’s Multi-Reference Solution is used to check your home water test kits for accuracy. Using your water test kits at home, you can measure the reference solution and then compare those results to the known values printed on the bottle for all of the following parameters.
Each bottle is manufactured in the Fauna Marin Seawater Research Laboratory and tested using an ICP-AES machine with each batch to ensure reliable and accurate results. The batch specific parameter values are printed on the bottle for convenient reference during testing. All of the common variables that affect a normal saltwater aquarium test kit are taken into account when creating the solution so you can be confident your results are consistent and accurate.
- Test validity of new test kits
- Verify abnormal or unexpected test results
- Test old test kits that have been stored away
- Check expired reagents for accuracy
- Calibrate your refractometer
Example of Use
Measurement of the reference solution with a magnesium test gives you a result of 1,000 mg/L.
- The multi-reference solution however contains 1,314 mg/L
- The ratio therefore is: 1,314 mg/L : 1,000 mg/L
- The correction factor is noted on the magnesium test
- A later measurement with this magnesium test results in the aquarium water: 1,300 mg/L
- Calculation: 1,300 mg/L * 1.314 = 1,708.2 mg/L
1x 100ml Fauna Marin Multi-Reference Solution
Different results By Pedro on 8/5/2020Pedro wouldn't recommend this product to a friendMulti Reference solution has a NO3 level of 10ppm but according to my Red Sea Pro test kid it says 4ppm. The level of PO4 should be 0.2ppm but according to Red Sea test kid the result is 0.08-0.12. My RedSea pro test kids are fresh, safely stored and in good conditions. At this point I don't know which one is correct.
Awesome reference tool By Shawn on 4/11/2020Shawn would recommend this product to a friendI was having some doubts about my testing equipment and this product put them all to rest!
What is the shelf life? Assuming one prevents contamination, I would guess this can be used more than once?