Chemi Clean will effectively remove many different stains that can be formed by cyanobacteria (red slime). It is common to encounter a red slime or matting algae that can quickly smother your rocks and even corals which can lead unpleasing aesthetics but also can cause issues with low oxygen levels available for fish and corals. The quickest and safest way to remove red slime from a fresh or saltwater aquarium is with Chemi Clean.
Two Sizes Available:
- 2 gram Dry Powder (treats up to 300 gallons)
- 6 gram Dry Powder (treats up to 900 gallons)
Chemi Clean is by far our most favorite product for combating red slime stains in saltwater aquariums. The extremely safe formula will not harm the livestock in the tank, while effectively eliminating any red slime. Its fast acting formula will finish the job within 48 hours, by oxidizing trapped organic sludge and promoting an ideal enzyme balance.
- Available in dry powder or liquid
- Compatible with Fresh and Saltwater
- Completely safe for all fish, invertebrates, and coral
- Will not harm nitrifying bacteria
- Aquarium oxygen levels must be increased using heavy aeration or a large air stone.
- Turn off any UV sterilizers and ozonizers and remove any Chemi-pure or carbon during treatment. Continue using a protein skimmer, although skimmer may require adjustment or removal of collection cup to prevent excessive overflow. Maintain normal water flow using pumps and powerheads.
- Add one scoop of Chemiclean per 10 gallons of aquarium water.
- Successful treatment may take up to 48 hours. After the 48 hour treatment period, perform a 20% water change.
- Turn on any UV sterilizers and ozonators and replace with new Chemi-pure or carbon removed previously.
*It is very common for protein skimmers to over skim for a period of time during and after treatment, which is completely normal. We suggest monitoring the skimmer cup and removing any collected skimmate from the aquarium and not letting it drain back into your aquarium. If your skimmer is overflowing too fast, you can try restricting the air supply feeding the skimmer and that will decrease the amount of bubbles being formed or simply physically raising the skimmer body will allow for a faster drain and a dryer skimmate to be produced. Replace any removed water with freshly mixed saltwater.
Chemi Clean will remove and clean stains from red, black, blue-green, and methane producing cyanobacteria in marine aquariums.
Note: When using Chemi Clean it is very important to monitor oxygen and pH levels within the aquarium. We suggest pointing a powerhead or air stone at the surface of the aquarium to maximize gas exchange. Failure to do so can cause low oxygen levels in the aquarium.
This is designed as a bacteria removed which does not impact much algae in the system. Not certain of effect on spirulina unfortunately.