- Bubble King Double Cone 200 Protein Skimmer - Royal Exclusiv
Bubble King performance in an elegant, value-oriented package for tanks up to 264 gallons.
The Double Cone is Bubble King's cost saving line, featuring a lightweight wine-glass shaped acrylic body and BK's famous Red Dragon 3 Mini Speedy pump. The cost savings comes from the use of lighter weight extruded acrylic for the body and a simpler overall design, and you can expect the same reliability and premium skimmer performance that you would from any Bubble King skimmer.
Bubble King has been the gold standard in premium skimmers for decades now. From tiny details like titanium screws and high performance impeller bearings to premium acrylic bodies and Red Dragon pumps, no detail is overlooked in crafting the highest performing skimmer for the hobbyist who demands the best in every aspect of their system. When you buy a Bubble King, you are getting a skimmer that you can count on to deliver years of reliable service.
BRS Recommended for tanks up to:
- Heavy Bioload (Most Common) - 150 Gallons
- Medium Bioload - 212 Gallons
- Light Bioload - 264 Gallons
- Base Plate: 9.84" x 12.60"
- Foot Print (w/pump): 12.60” x 15.75”
- Total Height: 21.65”
- Output Size: 32mm
- Recommended sump water depth: 5.12" - 9.84"
Red Dragon 3 Mini Speedy Pump Specifications:
- Max Air Draw: up to 1,500 LPH
- Max Power Consumption: 50W (Recommend 24-30W for 200 size)
- Motor Speed: Adjustable from 400-4,000 1/Min
- Delivery Rate: 793 GPH
- Pump Dimensions: 3.94 ′′ W x 6.30 ′′ L x 5.51 ′′ H
- Controller Dimensions: 5.51" W x 7.48" L x 2.76" H
- Saltwater resistant M6 grade 2 titanium screws
- Only saltwater resistant pump with titanium rotor, titanium stator and high performance ceramic bearings
- Saltwater resistant parabolic rubber feet for acoustic decoupling
- Extreme low noise brushless DC-delivery pump with grouted power electronics
- Compact dimensions
- Hollow shaft for bypass purging in the rotor housing
- Heavy and massive craftsmanship against vibrations and oscillation
- CE conformity, developed and built according to VDE guidelines
- Bubble King Double Cone 200 Skimmer Body & Lid
- Red Dragon 3 Mini Speedy Pump 50 Watt/1,500 l/h
- Red Dragon 3 Pump Controller
Best Skimmer ever owned By Keith on 1/18/2020Keith would recommend this product to a friendLook, I get these skimmers are expensive. However, they are the easiest to tune, and pull out the nastiest smelling skimmate I've ever seen. This skimmer can handle my 200 Gallon reef with zero issues. The only things to keep in mind, first; these skimmer can skim much more that you think and DO NOT use the old school thinking of doubling the size of the skimmer to fit your tank. If anything get one size smaller than you think you need. Otherwise it will be very difficult to tune and these skimmer will surge. Second, ALWAYS check the Venturi tube when doing your monthly cleaning... they do indeed cake up with salt creep and it will impede the skimmer performance. Luckily, the pump controller is smart enough to know if you are getting enough air and will give you and error message when the Venturi is clogged. Also, these skimmers are very easy to clean. Bottom line, if you can afford to buy one, absolutely get it!