- Bioptim - Prodibio
Bioptim contains a mixture of trace elements and micronutrients that Biodigest needs to purify and improve water quality at maximum capacity. With a balanced blend of amino acids, enzymes, natural vitamins, and trace elements, your biological filtration system will never perform better. Containing a balanced mixture of sulfur, iron, cobalt, calcium, magnesium, manganese, zinc, molybdenum, and potassium, Bioptim is an all-in-one micronutrient supplement for saltwater reef tanks.
- Contains trace elements
- Contains Micronutrients
- Accelerates the digestion of organics
- Helps remove nitrates and phosphates
How should Bioptim be used:
It is suggested to dose every 15 days to keep a balance of trace elements and micronutrients available for coral and fish consumption.
Bioptim can be used on its own but the best results will be seen when used in conjunction with BioDigest.
- 0 - 15 gal: Dose 1 vial every 15 days
- 16 - 30 gal: Dose 2 vials every 15 days
- 30 - 49 gal: Dose 1 Vial Every 15 days
- 50 - 104 gal: Dose 2 Vials Every 15 days
- 105 - 159 gal: Dose 3 Vials Every 15 days
- 160 - 209 gal: Dose 4 Vials Every 15 days
- 210 - 264 gal: Dose 5 Vials Every 15 days
- 265 - 530 gal: Dose 1 Vial Every 15 days
- 531 - 265 gal: Dose 2 Vials Every 15 days
- 211 - 265 gal: Add 1 Vial for every 525 gallons of total water volume every 15 days
Note: Prodibio utilizes glass vials which excel greatly over plastic containers when it comes to oxidation and contamination. Please read the "How to use the product" instructions that are included with each kit to properly break the glass vials. All vials are filled with argon or nitrogen instead of oxygen. Lack of oxygen within the vial allows the bacteria to remain dormant until the liquid is put in the aquarium. The dissolved oxygen in the aquarium will awaken the dormant bacteria.
Fantastic option for Carbon Dosing By Zach on 12/7/2017Zach would recommend this product to a friendThis stuff has worked really well to keep nutrients relatively low combined with a skimmer etc, something we all use. It's very easy to use, and stores well.
Great low effort option for carbon dosing By jent on 2/4/2016jent would recommend this product to a friendI am happy to see BRS now offers this product. I have been using it for a while on my tank. While it is not as tunable as some other carbon dosing, this is way simpler to use. I have been using it for a long time, and have been very happy. I am considering switching though for the following reasons:
* It's not very granular in dosing, being every 2 weeks and a vials amount makes it hard to adjust as you need to increase or decrease your dosing levels
* I now have a dosing pump that can make it easier to do daily dosing of carbon
That said, I have used it with great results over the last 9ish months. And plan to use the remaining 3 months worth of supply I have before I change my carbon dosing routine.
My final suggestion to others would be to purchase this rather than the "BioClean". I personally don't think dosing the "marine and freshwater" bacteria really does much to enhance this product. Allowing this to be a cheaper option, giving you the most bang for the buck.